State of Origin II - QLD vs NSW

Let's face it, NSW were always going to come out firing after the loss in game 1.

Picking old heads like Graham, Sims and Maloney showed they were going to go at us full on 100%, so this really was down to how we would respond.

As depressing as it is to watch, this loss might be just the motivation they need to hand the NSW arsehats a flogging on their home soil.

Gotta stay positive right ?

Gagai has been poor defensively tonight and Ponga has been very ordinary. We have nothing to come in really to replace any of these forwards either
Welch, Ofahengue and flegler for me. Not world beaters but they couldn't be any worse than Wallace, napa (these 2 especially should never wear qld jerseys again, enough enough) and glasby...

If you don’t understand why it’s important to stick with them even when they suck then I don’t really know how to explain it to you. All I can suggest is that you don’t watch any sport just check the results in the morning and then if it looks good catch a replay. All I ask is don’t be a hypocrite and call the players pea hearted if you don’t have the courage to watch them.

I’ve watched every pea hearted game from the broncos and I sat through all of that qld performance. I’m just realistic enough to know we aren’t anywhere near good enough to win a series right now. As a broncos supporter, we’ve also suffered a long time with lack of depth and it’s now spilling over to qld. There’s only so much some can take.

That was the type of game I was worried about heading into the series. NSW have the talent to punish Queensland and if it all goes wrong it can get extremely ugly. From the opening whistle, NSW just looked more switched on than the Maroons and Queensland couldn't find any rhythm. I think there were a couple of unlucky moments for them, but since momentum was with the Blues it went their way.

I thought the Maroons were extremely disappointing around the park. The Maroons were constantly in their back-field and the backs weren't working them out of trouble like the Blues backs were and the line-speed was virtually non-existent the entire night. I think the creative players tried their best off the back foot, but there was just nothing they could work with.

Tedesco and Cook will probably dominate Origin for a few years, I don’t see how we stop them.

I’ve watched every pea hearted game from the broncos and I sat through all of that qld performance. I’m just realistic enough to know we aren’t anywhere near good enough to win a series right now. As a broncos supporter, we’ve also suffered a long time with lack of depth and it’s now spilling over to qld. There’s only so much some can take.
We were terrible and need to make changes in personnel, attitude and tactics for sure but this conversation started with superfreak turning the tv off because he was too weak to watch a bad performance after we dominated for a decade. If he was from NSW he would have had to get a life because he wouldn’t have watched much football for a long time.

NSW really found an excellent way of how to get Addo-Carr involved in kick returns. He's not the biggest player, so you don't use him like Oates or Fergo, but with his speed it's easy to get around the kick chasers with a nice pass. Which is what they did, they put him on the outside of our chasers multiple times.

We were terrible and need to make changes in personnel, attitude and tactics for sure but this conversation started with superfreak turning the tv off because he was too weak to watch a bad performance after we dominated for a decade. If he was from NSW he would have had to get a life because he wouldn’t have watched much football for a long time.

It makes total sense what you’re saying. But maybe superfreak wasn’t feeling it tonight and didn’t want to sit through garbage. Doesn’t make him less a fan though. Qld is in a real dark period for all sports, not much to cheer for these days

Tedesco and Cook will probably dominate Origin for a few years, I don’t see how we stop them.

Wish seibold could have been a father figure to cook and brought him to the broncos.

It makes total sense what you’re saying. But maybe superfreak wasn’t feeling it tonight and didn’t want to sit through garbage. Doesn’t make him less a fan though. Qld is in a real dark period for all sports, not much to cheer for these days
Two words. ASH BARTY!!

Nah that’s just weak. If you’re a fan you stick in the good times or bad.

giphy.gif

Hands up those around when Joey and Co ran rampant in the 2000’s. It’s their turn, hopefully it lights a fire enough in the younger guys to do something about it

Hands up those around when Joey and Co ran rampant in the 2000’s. It’s their turn, hopefully it lights a fire enough in the younger guys to do something about it

Who could forget those post try celebrations to really rub it in..

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Old Mate
  • Morkel
  • Foordy
  • jd87
  • Justwin
  • BroncosAlways
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Gympie devil
  • broncsgoat
  • Skyblues87
  • Harry Sack
  • Dash
  • MrRobot
  • Mr Fourex
  • Jazza
  • Broncorob
  • RolledOates
  • mystico
  • Behind enemy lines
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.