State of Origin II - QLD vs NSW

I turned off at about halfway into the second half. Turning off at halftime down by 12 would be a bit premature for me.

I knew after that late try before half time the game was done, but I kept watching out of hope I guess. Turned it off with like 10 or so to go, it was just torture at that point.

I don't think it's wrong if you want to turn a game off. At the end of the day, we watch sport to bring us joy. There's no point forcing yourself if it stops doing that. It doesn't mean you don't support the team, we'll all always have hope they can win, but sometimes you just know and you just had enough that day.

I'm putting it down to us sucking at wet weather and Sunday footy. On a dry Sydney track on a Wednesday we will flog them.

1 ponga
2 Oates
3 chambers
4 gagai
5 feldt
6 Munster
7 Dce
8 papalli
9 hunt
10 napa
11 kafusi
12 gillo
13 McGuire

14 Morgan
15 offa
16 Welch
17 hess

Some subtle changes for game 3 .I think Fifita was thrown in way to early , keep him as 18th man . Tell them if they don't perform sweeping changes will be made next year. Chambers, napa, gillo and Morgan need big games imo or boot them.

1 ponga
2 Oates
3 chambers
4 gagai
5 feldt
6 Munster
7 Dce
8 papalli
9 hunt
10 napa
11 kafusi
12 gillo
13 McGuire

14 Morgan
15 offa
16 Welch
17 hess

Some subtle changes for game 3 .I think Fifita was thrown in way to early , keep him as 18th man . Tell them if they don't perform sweeping changes will be made next year. Chambers, napa, gillo and Morgan need big games imo or boot them.

There is no one else. **** Hess from that line-up. QLD need to play like QLD, full stop.

Let's just put all our players in cryogenic stasis at the start of next year. Though who knows, some will probably do an ACL just stepping out of it.

Should we keep Wallace instead?

I understand where you're coming from re Fifita, but selecting Hess over him is a step backwards considering his form. Fifita should retain his spot and Welch & Ofa should be coming in at the expense of Wallace and Glasby or Napa. Regardless, I don't think we have the troops to match NSW. Especially without Arrow.

I've turned plenty of games off before, but not when it's still the first half and the scores are close enough.

When I called SF out on it, I never claimed it made someone a lesser fan, or me a better fan. I don't appreciate the insinuation that I would hold that belief.

I don't think it's wrong if you want to turn a game off. At the end of the day, we watch sport to bring us joy. There's no point forcing yourself if it stops doing that. It doesn't mean you don't support the team, we'll all always have hope they can win, but sometimes you just know and you just had enough that day.
Its not, but there can be a downside if you do sometimes.
Perhaps not relevant to you guys but in the 2014 semi the roosters led the cows 30-0, i was furious (and pissed) got so disgusted & agro that i stormed out of the house with a 6 pack & went and sat up at beach to calm down (i left back door unlocked so i could get back in & not risk losing keys in the sand).
Whilst up at beach (150m away) , missus comes home, sees I'm not there, thinks i went out to watch game & subsequently locks up the house & goes to a friends place. I calm down (& run out of beer) head home only to find I'm locked out. Lots of swearing etc trying to get back in, finally manage to get the ladder (highset house) only to find she locked the veranda door, more swearing & getting really thirsty by now, so sit on veranda moping. Missus finally comes home just in time for me to see the wrap up & learn we came within 1 point of knocking the roosters off & there was a questionable decision at the end. I recorded the game but have never been able to bring myself to watch it.

Moral of the story, turning the tv off pre half time no matter the score can sometimes be just a tad premature.

In saying that i turned this game off as nsw scored their last try.

If Kevie can come up with a way to beat the Blues in Sydney, be should be the next premier of Qld. Qld were comprehensively outplayed in every position . I thought the Qld boys tried hard but hardley made a dent in the Blues . Has to be a bit of a question mark on on Morgan for mine. He sems to have lost some pace. I would also look at bringing Matt Scot back on the bench.

Last edited:
I've turned plenty of games off before, but not when it's still the first half and the scores are close enough.

When I called SF out on it, I never claimed it made someone a lesser fan, or me a better fan. I don't appreciate the insinuation that I would hold that belief.

I wasn't having a go at you mate. There are others who are militant about it and I find it a bit silly.

I wasn't having a go at you mate. There are others who are militant about it and I find it a bit silly.
I’m guessing that is a shot at me. The point was it was half time and we were down by 12. He didn’t say anything about a family emergency. He was turning off because the players were pea hearted and for sure it was the worst performance I have seen from Queensland in ages but it pisses me off when people have no understanding of what it takes to go out there and take on a serious physical challenge.
We have all turned off a bad game with 10 minutes to go but this is State of Origin and if you are too weak to cop a loss after a decade of dominance then **** off and watch Masterchef.

We can beat the blues no problem. NSW lived offside that second game. As good as they played they were all over us all game and barely pinged.
They had 58% possession which is huge in Origin. On top of that when we had chances we went the wrong way most times opting to kick instead of testing their edges because it was fifth. Some of it made no sense we seemed to be kick happy when running the ball is how we caused problems in game 1. We can fix all our issues and we can win providing the effort is there.

I didn't see the game, am only now getting back into a normal rhythm and after seeing the result and having read the reviews as well as this forum, this will be the first Origin game I won't watch in many, many years. I'm not going to put myself through that.

Active Now

• Midean
  • GCBRONCO
  • TimWhatley
  • KateBroncos1812
  • FACTHUNT
  • Harry Sack
  • Wolfie
  • Broncorob
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Brocko
  • jd87
  • MrMoore
  • theshed
  • Strop
  • Old Mate
  • I bleed Maroon
  • leon.bott
  • Dash
  • Mustafur
  • HVbronco
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.