State of Origin ticket prices set to soar

The way I'm reading it I don't think there will be any tickets reserved for general public next year.

Sucks for us but if it can sell out for that price its an outstanding sign of how good a position Rugby League is doing in Australia.

There will be a bucket load of tickets given away to try and make it look justified.

OR

This is another NSW conspiracy to lose the home stadium influence. :lol:

Disgraceful !!!

Total disrespect for the very people who made Origin what it is .... the fans.

I am so old, I remember when Origin tickets were $25 & you sat on dirt or cement seats at Lang Park.

Good times Kaz, I remember the lang park pen or Panther Hill as it was called.

Yeah, **** it, I'm not going.

That plus there's no longer a ticket included in the Broncos Platinum membership. You can get the premium membership, which is - SOO ticket.

Just waiting to see if the Broncos jump on the price gouge train and charge the Premium membership at 2013 Platinum prices. Hopefully they go the other way and offer premium at ~$400 this season.

If they don't, it'll be very hard for us to justify. $700 (plus $100 per game for grog and food and transport x 12 home games - $2000 to attend each Broncos game) with no Origin ticket... my wife and I do pretty well, but I already struggle to justify this luxury.

The article is wrong, the QRL will respond on Tuesday and release all prices and memberships.

I am so old, I remember when Origin tickets were $25 & you sat on dirt or cement seats at Lang Park.
i'm so old I remember when Wayne Bennett played for Brothers.
We should start an I'm so old thread.

Last edited:
I am so old I remember when Bennett spoke to the media. :tongue_smilie:
I remember when WB stood on my toe as a young fella in the 8th ave shop. Dressed in his Qld police uniform.

I'm so old I remember when Wayne Bennett scored the winning try in golden point time against the storm.

I'm so old, when I met Wayne Bennett I wore an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time

[MENTION=8272]1910[/MENTION] are the QRL still set to release the actual prices today?

Maroon Membership & Ticketing explained - Queensland Rugby League

Will the price of these tickets (non-membership) go up from last year?: Yes, they will.
A 2014 ticket will range from $65 (concession) to $265. The cheapest adult seat will be $80.
The full list of ticket prices for all seating categories will be made available earlier next year when tickets go on sale.

So looks like the leaked prices werent correct, but still, this is ridiculous. Cheapest adult ticket is $80. That will be level 3 - restricted view. Best seats in level 3 will be much more than $80.

In comparison, 2 years ago i got front row level 1 for $110. QRL are money hungry *****

Last edited:
And Mal has the hide to trot out the QRL line that it's going to grassroots footy.

Active Now

• Strop
  • Fozz
  • Bish
  • eggstar10
  • Xzei
  • KeithustEndaf
  • Organix
  • GCBRONCO
  • Cavalo
  • theshed
  • broncsgoat
  • kman
  • Santa
  • Old Mate
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncorob
  • Johnny92
  • Brocko
  • Justwin
  • winslow_wong
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.