RUMOUR Stephen Kearney set to return to the Broncos

I heard on Gus Gould podcast Stephen Kearney didn't want the job. He's name was thrown up in the media without even yet being approached by the Broncos and asked. Kearney is likely still in mourning losing the Warriors job considering it was such a shock and probably doesn't feel up to it.

You probably want to go somewhere where your stocks go up, not down.

I heard on Gus Gould podcast Stephen Kearney didn't want the job. He's name was thrown up in the media without even yet being approached by the Broncos and asked. Kearney is likely still in mourning losing the Warriors job considering it was such a shock and probably doesn't feel up to it.

not to mention, why rush into an assistants job right now ... there are 3 or 4 NRL coaches whos jobs are shaky right now, especially as he would have gotten a significant payout, given he only re-signed last year

not to mention, why rush into an assistants job right now ... there are 3 or 4 NRL coaches whos jobs are shaky right now, especially as he would have gotten a significant payout, given he only re-signed last year

I agree that he received a significant payout so he has no need to rush out and find another job. However, I don't agree about being on the hunt for another head coaching job anytime soon. Stephen Kearney has now two failed stints to his coaching resume with the Warriors and the Eels. Yes he made the finals with the Warriors but only once in 8th spot. You only get so many chances and Kearney maybe more then just damage goods but unemployable as a head coach. He will have to bide his time as an assistant, but it's even possible he maybe now just a career assistant. Anthony Griffin and Geoff Toovey have a better shot then Kearny of getting another gig.

Active Now

• Battler
  • Lazza
  • Spike
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.