NEWS Storm: we were sorry to see Brodie go

Or maybe popular opinion is wrong. I cannot understand the mentality that seems to be so strong that the possibility the masses are wrong about something is considered so small as to be unworthy of consideration.

I don't think I'd be so quick to judge. He's 22, basically not long ago a kid and teenager and I believe he will kick on. His form hasn't been outstanding lately but made to appear much much worse by the teams poor form. I think he has a great future and we should 100% stick with him and support him.

Pleae feel to let fly with derogation and dismissal.

What is it you see in this ‘not long ago kid’ though, to give you hope? His kicking game is cod-ordinary, his defence is abysmal, his running game doesn’t seem to be anything amazing and he is touted (yet again...) as being a ‘running half’ as opposed to an ‘organising half.’ Do you consider his ‘running game’ even at his best anywhere near Milford or Nikorima at their best?

We needed a halfback, everyone could see that. But it seems we bought yet ANOTHER running 5/8...Just one who while cheaper, has less ceiling than the one we already have (if he can get his fat arse in gear...) and the one we just got rid of, so we can find an actual organising half? (If such a thing is not a myth that is beyond us...)

What is it you see in this ‘not long ago kid’ though, to give you hope? His kicking game is cod-ordinary, his defence is abysmal, his running game doesn’t seem to be anything amazing and he is touted (yet again...) as being a ‘running half’ as opposed to an ‘organising half.’ Do you consider his ‘running game’ even at his best anywhere near Milford or Nikorima at their best?

We needed a halfback, everyone could see that. But it seems we bought yet ANOTHER running 5/8...Just one who while cheaper, has less ceiling than the one we already have (if he can get his fat arse in gear...) and the one we just got rid of, so we can find an actual organising half? (If such a thing is not a myth that is beyond us...)
That's a fair comment. The way I view the world is as an optimist. I tend to believe in people and I admit to having made errors by doing so. I think most people underestimate their inner strength and go to their graves without ever getting close to knowing just what they can achieve.

Sorry, I have to explain my view.

For me, one of three things needs to happen to unlock our inner beast.
A respected person believes in us.
Extreme adversity.
We genuinely challenge ourselves and are surprised.

The first, the respected someone gives you courage through their belief.
The second, kill or be killed, the situation gives us courage.
Last, we find courage we didn't realize existed after we've genuinely decided to find our core, our guts. Where we draw the line.

At 22 I don't think enough time has passed, enough tests tried and failed to declare, this man won't make it. Bellamy and the earlier WB both seemed capable of number 1. So admired, respected, yes loved that ordinary players become extraordinary, if but for the briefest moment.

There's no one in the Broncos organisation that will make that happen but now, right now condition 2 is strong. If Croft can stand strong and not wilt in the glare, maybe he can find it himself. The motivation is in place, the time right.

'If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you
If you can trust yourself when ALL men doubt you, but make allowance for their doubting too'

That's why.

Or maybe popular opinion is wrong. I cannot understand the mentality that seems to be so strong that the possibility the masses are wrong about something is considered so small as to be unworthy of consideration.

I don't think I'd be so quick to judge. He's 22, basically not long ago a kid and teenager and I believe he will kick on. His form hasn't been outstanding lately but made to appear much much worse by the teams poor form. I think he has a great future and we should 100% stick with him and support him.

Pleae feel to let fly with derogation and dismissal.

Genuine question, who was the last decent players that the Storm let go?

Well if they were sorry to let him go I'll pay for his flight back to Melbourne or bus to sunny coast or wherever they are. The bloke is a flop, an abject failure.
So Croft is your new fetish?

Tohu Harris is the one that comes to mind.

Gareth Widdop as well. I'd say Drinkwater has been decent despite being moved around between fullback and the halves.

But yeah there aren't many.

So next to none, and Croft still doesn't look any good. I'd say Melbourne just very very rarely release players that are good.

With some Storm players, you can tell they are just quality and would probably do well anywhere. Smith, Cronk, Slater, Inglis, Folau, Munster, Atta Car would probably all go/have went well at other clubs. Its those "huh" players you gotta worry about. "Huh" as in "huh, he seems to be pretty good?". Anytime you think that about their player, you gotta think again before signing him.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.