Superbowl

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Anyone watching this today?
I think the panthers are gonna be way to strong for the Broncos. They have a solid all round team and the only way I can see the broncos winning is if they restrict the panthers run to less than 100 yards.

Unfortunately I have meetings all day so can't watch, but I can't see any possible way the Panthers don't win. Just way to strong.

If the Broncos win, its most definitely gonna be that their defence had a night to remember

1455002509.jpg

So yeah... that happened. :shocked:

Has there been a bigger passenger in any Super Bowl than Peyton Manning? The guy did nothing.

I haven't watched the game, but based on the stats... the Broncos D must have been massive, and as I feared, the Panthers bought into the hype.

Has there been a bigger passenger in any Super Bowl than Peyton Manning? The guy did nothing.

Not at quarterback that's for sure. Osweiller would have won out there.

I haven't watched the game, but based on the stats... the Broncos D must have been massive, and as I feared, the Panthers bought into the hype.

The Broncos defence monstered Cam and the panthers o-line. They sacked him 7 times and Newton had no time in the pocket. It was brutal to say the least.

How the Broncos won going 1-14 on third downs and only gaining 11 first downs. The Carolina D played more than well enough to win that game on their own, their offense just did nothing to help them. And that really puts in perspective how good Denver was on that side of the ball. Defense wins championships.

Defense wins championships. The Panthers defense is bloody good too and were still no match for how good the Broncos defense was. Shattered but we will be back in the playoffs next year.

Yeah, to keep the highest scoring team of the season to 10, two things had to happen:

- Great D from the Broncos.
- Panthers buying into the hype they would win comfortably.

Don't mind the Broncos winning it though.

I don't think they were buying into Hype. Cam looked Nervous in his first drive. The occasion got to them plus the O-line and WR were never that good to begin with.

Don't know what's going to happen with the panthers next year. Newtons 20 mill salary is gonna eat into their cap now so they might not retain all their players for next year.

I don't think they were buying into Hype. Cam looked Nervous in his first drive. The occasion got to them plus the O-line and WR were never that good to begin with.
They scored 500 pts in the regular season.
That's 30+ per game, and then they went on to put 31 and 49 points on Seattle and the Cards respectively, arguably better teams than Denver. Not something you'll achieve with a crap O-line and receiver corps...

I haven't watched the game yet, so I won't argue about anyone's merits or blemishes at this point, but as good as Denver's defense is, this result is still very surprising.

They scored 500 pts in the regular season.
That's 30+ per game, and then they went on to put 31 and 49 points on Seattle and the Cards respectively, arguably better teams than Denver. Not something you'll achieve with a crap O-line and receiver corps...

I haven't watched the game yet, so I won't argue about anyone's merits or blemishes at this point, but as good as Denver's defense is, this result is still very surprising.

I think we all thought the Panthers offense would find a way to score points even though the Broncos defense was brilliant. The Panthers played poorly. Newton fumbled the ball twice after getting sacked, Tolbert fumbled the ball after an 11 yard run. Cam got hit 13 times in the match and the average all season was 3. I think that tells you how good the Broncos defense was. In the end the difference was the 2 Newton fumbles that both lead to Td's. There was also a fair few key drops by Carolina Wide Receivers. The saying believing the hype doesn't really make sense. You'd hope they believed the hype. They didn't handle the occasion well you could tell they were nervous as **** TBH.

Yeah, I think it was more that they didn't handle the occasion well. That fumble and recovery TD to start was a serious killer. It's hard to come back from that. Remember the Denver-Seahawks Superbowl and the snap over Manning's head - put me in mind of that, though thanks to Denver's insipid offense and Carolina's defense the Panthers at least stuck with them through the better part of four quarters.

Those two Newton fumbles were the difference - fourteen gifted points in a fourteen point game. It was probably too late in the game anyway but the PI call on 3rd and goal after Cam's late fumble all but sealed it. You're always at least a chance to block a field goal, even if a small one, and a nine point lead is better psychologically than fourteen points.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think it was more that they didn't handle the occasion well. That fumble and recovery TD to start was a serious killer. It's hard to come back from that. Remember the Denver-Seahawks Superbowl and the snap over Manning's head - put me in mind of that, though thanks to Denver's insipid offense and Carolina's defense the Panthers at least stuck with them through the better part of four quarters.

Those two Newton fumbles were the difference - fourteen gifted points in a fourteen point game. It was probably too late in the game anyway but the PI call on 3rd and goal after Cam's late fumble all but sealed it. You're always at least a chance to block a field goal, even if a small one, and a nine point lead is better psychologically than fourteen points.

TBH I don't think the officials were that kind to us but that isn't the reason we lost. Denver are now 6-0 under the guy that was the head official today. I don't think Denver even committed a penalty all second half while the Panthers got pinged a lot. There is one that sticks in my mind was Talib being way off side on the missed field goal.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Mustafur
  • leon.bott
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • bazza
  • Redux
  • Allo
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.