OPINION Surely this is a hatchet job

'Hunters, not cannibals' remember.
Their whole press release was like the assignments you would do in year 8 where you would get given the criteria and then you would just reword it into different sentences while in essence saying exactly what the criteria was.

They have just taken what Vlandys has said is the criteria for inclusion being not cannibalise other teams, bring in new fans and have a stable financial history and then just reworded that.

Fucking amateur.

West Tigers will love the same colours being thrown around in the NRL. Sounds like a fait accompli if they are spending 7 mil on a new training center.

Bam ... and there you have it. The reason for the controlled demolition of the Broncos which started Round 3, 2020 and has been going to plan ever since.

I don't get it. What's the connection between this bid and round 3 2020?

I can't see the 2nd Brisbane team being anyone but Redcliffe. Richest league club in the country with everything already built.

I don't get it. What's the connection between this bid and round 3 2020?

I can't see the 2nd Brisbane team being anyone but Redcliffe. Richest league club in the country with everything already built.
Round 3, 2020 was the first match with "six again". From then, Brisbane has won - what - three games.

"Six again" has been used to psychologically destroy the Brisbane team in matches.

I could go through a long list of the "happenings" within and without the club over the past two seasons, that have been written of as "incompetence". But sooner or later "incompetence" just doesn't cut as an excuse.

The NRL has said one new Qld franchise will bring in $20 million. With a strong Brisbane team, a new franchise will struggle to win fans. But with Brisbane winning last year's spoon, and "struggling" on and off the field ... well ... start smelling what's cooking.

Round 3, 2020 was the first match with "six again". From then, Brisbane has won - what - three games.

"Six again" has been used to psychologically destroy the Brisbane team in matches.

I could go through a long list of the "happenings" within and without the club over the past two seasons, that have been written of as "incompetence". But sooner or later "incompetence" just doesn't cut as an excuse.

The NRL has said one new Qld franchise will bring in $20 million. With a strong Brisbane team, a new franchise will struggle to win fans. But with Brisbane winning last year's spoon, and "struggling" on and off the field ... well ... start smelling what's cooking.
I hate to be a conspiracy theorist, but this was right off the back of us transforming our small mobile forward pack into one of the biggest packs in the competition, without Covid rule changes happening we probably would of never been outside the top 8.

I hate to be a conspiracy theorist, but this was right off the back of us transforming our small mobile forward pack into one of the biggest packs in the competition, without Covid rule changes happening we probably would of never been outside the top 8.
I think the speed of the game now has definitely affected us being a big side but we have also had Boyd and Milford as well as Seibold stinking the **** out of the place for 2020 too. I think we’ve been on a slow spiral down since 2016... We took a while, but with the incompetence of our illustrious board of directors making literally every wrong decision along the way we have eventually slammed into rock bottom. If there is a conspiracy to **** us over we have left our guard wide open to it and basically done nothing to prevent it...and probably even helped the whole fucking process.

Yeeeeah, not buying in to that conspiracy theory. Sorry.

So the NRL introduced new rules, that effect the whole comp, just to screw the Broncos over? Rightio. A second Brisbane team was ALWAYS coming.

The Bronco's are just shit at the moment. We can't blame anyone else for it. Even if the 6 again effected us the most, we've had a season, off-season and 10 rounds this season to adapt. We have shit halves + injuries that have compounded our lack of confidence. It's as simple as that.

I for one welcome our new QLD overlords.

Haha **** that nonsense, cant wait till they fold after getting dismantled by Broncos and permanently end Bennetts career.

So the NRL introduced new rules, that effect the whole comp, just to screw the Broncos over? Rightio. A second Brisbane team was ALWAYS coming.

The Bronco's are just shit at the moment. We can't blame anyone else for it. Even if the 6 again effected us the most, we've had a season, off-season and 10 rounds this season to adapt. We have shit halves + injuries that have compounded our lack of confidence. It's as simple as that.
Found the Vlandys plant. Be gone heathen!

You can't significantly alter your playing roster in a single offseason. That's not how contracts work.

Brisbane had a squad makeup that was built for a different set of rules that no longer apply, and now need to overhaul that roster to meet the new rules, but like the other club's who had the rug pulled from under them, that's not going to happen overnight.

but like the other club's who had the rug pulled from under them, that's not going to happen overnight.
So you're saying other teams were affected as well? It wasn't a plot to screw the Broncos over to make another Brisbane team more appealing?

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • jd87
  • KateBroncos1812
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosarethebest
  • MrRobot
  • Shane Tronc
  • Stix
  • broncos4life
  • Mustafur
  • Galah
  • Volvo Driver
  • Bucking Beads
  • MrTickyMcG
  • ostin86
  • Painin the Haas
  • broncs30
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.