T20 World Cup Discussion

Australian bowling at the death still the Achilles heel

How is it that none of our top line bowlers can bowl a Yorker.

Hazlewood almost with a beamer and then the free hit goes for 6

Hazlewood has just choked like a South African
Speaking of South Africans... Steyn is the worst commentator.

Doesnt seem to offer anything regarding tactics, wears a Tony Greig hat as a gimmick and is not funny despite how hard he tries

Speaking of South Africans... Steyn is the worst commentator.

Doesnt seem to offer anything regarding tactics, wears a Tony Greig hat as a gimmick and is not funny despite how hard he tries

Him and Shane Watson (both obviously new to commentary) have the same sort of thing going on, they credit everyone under the sun.. even where it's not really necessary

I guess Watson during his time was one of the best T20 players going around, so he has that on Steyn

That is a truly great win and this team has now done things even Australia’s greatest team struggled to do, that’s really cool. You sort of feel it was always going to end with Aus v NZ/Eng and here we are.

Let’s make no mistake, NZ are justifiably favourites but in this WC it seems to come to do whoever chases will win, so the coin toss tends to decide the result, weird.

Both teams are flawed which makes it an appealing contest. NZ’s top order has struggled for consistency but have had that one guy each game who has hung around and he’ll make decent totals. They have a strong bowling line up and in many ways, mirror Australia. Both teams are prone to a collapse so should be an interesting final.

As for commentators, I don’t mind Steyn or Watson, both are inexperienced and just trying to not make mistakes. Danny Morrison and Hasha Bohgle? I could listen to these two all day - 0-100 meets elegance and understated charisma. I also quite like listening to Russell Arnold.

Also, very impressive when you consider Australia dropped three catches and you don’t see that every day. The final should be a classic and to be honest, I’d consider dropping Cummins or Hazlewood for Agar. I don’t know if I like do it but I’d consider it.

Also interesting Warner was given out caught despite not hitting it and didn’t review despite really being nowhere near it.

Australia were not great but still got it done, that was the most impressive thing for me. Pakistan looked like they were in control for large parts until they weren’t.

Great death batting by Stonis and Wade. Both reminded us of the power and precision they have when they get it right. I thought we were dead and buried at 5/96. Think Hasan Ali fired them up with him blatantly blocking Stoinis from making 2 in the 18th over.

If I was a conspiracy theorist, I’d have to wonder if Warner was paid to do that. Unbelievable.
Or he heard a noise. His partner down the other end is just as responsible for not reviewing

I can only imagine there was a noise when the ball passed the bat for Warner, as the Pakistani's appealed and the umpire gave it out. So, it's certainly in the realm of possibility that Warner heard it as well and thought he got a feather on it (Which you often can't feel).

Obviously in hindsight, horrible call not to review it, but he probably thought he was doing the right thing for the team by not doing so.

Great death batting by Stonis and Wade. Both reminded us of the power and precision they have when they get it right. I thought we were dead and buried at 5/96. Think Hasan Ali fired them up with him blatantly blocking Stoinis from making 2 in the 18th over.

Then he proceeded to drop Wade just before he went bang, bang, bang too.

Also, how much fun was it having the constant crowd vision, loved the noticeable change from a collective smugness to shocked silence.

Credit where it is due, great innings from Warner, Stoinis and especially Wade. Cummins and Zampa bowled pretty well, as did Maxwell.

This is true. Just bewilders me that these guys are the best of the best in their field and still make amateur errors like this.
I can forgive this stuff in 20/20 because they are more focused on running a quick single then looking after their partner for reviews. In Tests however its unforgivable.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Foordy
  • Morkel
  • bazza
  • LittleDavey
  • Nerd
  • broncsgoat
  • Mr Fourex
  • winslow_wong
  • bb_gun
  • Xzei
  • Waynesaurus
  • pennywisealfie
  • marw
  • Skyblues87
  • Aldo
  • Midean
  • Organix
  • Brocko
  • Tim K
... and 26 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.