T20 World Cup Discussion

Feel for NZ, Kane's knock was one of the greats.

Marsh was excellent, Warner was excellent.

Starc can **** off.

Well done Aussies!

They went and did it, wow! Australia are T20 world champs for the first time!

Also, what’s the odds M.Marsh now walks into the test side? This is something the selectors like to do.

Mitchell Marsh, outstanding, if you ever wanted to announce yourself and win back the fans of Australia, no better time to do it.

This is a tournament I gave us no chance in after some very ordinary results, we've just won the T20 World Cup, it's hard to believe it.

Starc, I dunno what he has to offer anymore? He doesn't rip through the top order like he once did and late in the innings they know he's hunting for the yorker length so they are setting up for it and hitting it accordingly, he's got nothing.

Zampa and Hazlewood were outstanding with the ball, hard to believe they barely conceded 40 runs between them yet NZ still posted 170, just shows how shit Starc was in particular.

Absolutely brilliant so happy for marshy! I like Starcy as a bloke but I think it’s time for a bit of a lay off for him to go refund his form in shield or just have a rest. He is nowhere near as dominant as he used to be and it’s hurting his mental state, you can just see it. He didn’t look that happy at all after the win.

We did have terrible results coming into the tournament but we also very rarely play our best 11 in T20 series. Probably didn’t hurt taking some focus off the squad and getting them fired up at the same time. Big contrast to a side like India.

Zampa and Hazlewood were amazing from game 1. Batsmen are so reluctant to take on Zampa and when they are forced to he gets the better of them. And Hazlewood has gone from a possible selection to one of the two best T20 bowlers we have.

I wonder if an extended break for Starc might be what he needs to have one last shot at it. He is probably around the same age Johnson was when he was forced to take an extended break / dropped. He came back breathing fire because of the extended break, maybe Starc might experience the same?

Also, in fairness to Starc, he got a number of edges that flew to third man for fours. Why didn't Finch respond by putting some protection there?

Also, in fairness to Starc, he got a number of edges that flew to third man for fours. Why didn't Finch respond by putting some protection there?

Might have gone on with it if Hazlewood didn't drop Kane earlier too.

But 60/0 is unforgivable in a world cup final imo.

Might have gone on with it if Hazlewood didn't drop Kane earlier too.

But 60/0 is unforgivable in a world cup final imo.

Oh absolutely, some of his bowling was absolute trash, no arguments whatsoever there.

Starc wasn’t just rubbish tonight. His 2 previous games they teed off on him at the death. His Yorkers are predictable now

Unread

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fitzy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.