OFFICIAL Tanah Boyd signs with Titans effective immediately

Wolfie

State of Origin Rep
I think Macca is still held in high regard, but at the same time, i think he has probably been told his play isnt up to what we require.

peter09

BRL Player
Once Dearden hit the scene, losing either Paix or T. Boyd was an inevitability. What concerns me is that he asked for an immediate release which suggests to me that all is not right at the club.

The Broncos have a checkered record in the Queensland Cup. Wynnum and Norths are travelling nicely, but Redcliffe and Souths Logan are struggling. Before Boyd's departure, Souths Logan had six Broncos representatives in their squad. Despite the high representation are 2-11 with no signs of improvement. That's an awful indication of the club's depth, especially at a time where the NRL side needs a makeover.

The other concern is that Sam Walker and Jake Simpkin, two of the most highly rated juniors, have taken deals at other clubs. In the case of Walker, he had Tom Dearden infront of him and the opportunity at the Roosters was simply too good to ignore. However there is a clear vacancy in the #9 jersey at the Broncos, so for Simpkin to take up an option elsewhere is a troubling sign.

The test for Seibold will be his capacity to re-sign Matt Lodge, Tevita Pangai Jr and Corey Oates. Both Lodge and Oates are expected to re-sign and Pangai Jr is more than likely to stay, but if that doesn't eventuate it will send alarm bells ringing.

Seibold also has to acquire new talent to help balance the roster better. So far his signings have left a lot to be desired with Richard Kennar, Shaun Fensom failing to impress and James Segeyaro finding himself in the doghouse for his DUI indiscretion.

It's far from the end of the world, but when the future stars of the game are taking up deals elsewhere, it's not a good look. Especially for a club that's on track to have it's worst season to date.
They resigned Paix as a 9 in front of Simpkin which would have seen him stuck in the emerging squad easy decision for him

peter09

BRL Player
What do think of Paix being a 9?
Time will tell I guess He has always been a 7 and thats where he wants too play , but with Turpin going well there he will be held back ,if I was him I would back my ability as a 7 and move on , Seibold sees his speed and thinks he is the next Damian Cook

Foordy

International Rep
I would rather have Turpin at 9 for QLD than Hunt.
do you still feel that way after tonight ...

I maintain that if Hunt played 9 regularly at club level, he would make an excellent 9, IMO that's his best position.

he was pretty good in Origin 1, except for a couple of poor passes out of dummy half... but that is to be expected when he isn't used to the work rate of an 80 minute hooker

ostin86

QCup Player
do you still feel that way after tonight ...

I maintain that if Hunt played 9 regularly at club level, he would make an excellent 9, IMO that's his best position.

he was pretty good in Origin 1, except for a couple of poor passes out of dummy half... but that is to be expected when he isn't used to the work rate of an 80 minute hooker
You win this round sir. Haha

I was wondering if Turpin would be able to maintain his form. It will be interesting to see if he bounces back. And you are probably right in regards to Hunt.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter

Upgrade to a Contributor Account to remove advertising