Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shane Perry

• Brett Seymour

• Kevin Walters

• Total voters
Also another easy one but TBH I don't mind Wallace.

remember guys alfie only played one season with us this decade and was injured for a fair few games, meanwhile our 2 premiership winning Halfbacks this decade have 1 vote each

i would have to choose alfie because seriously, the rest were horrible or got no game time.

Yep Alfie was a genius who did it all the game. Wallace will no doubt have his chance in the 2010-2019 team.

Alfie but kind of really cutting it tight for the 'decade'. We had MAJOR trouble with this position.

7 and 9 = our doom of the decade.

Probably cost us a title or two - in fact, I'm sure it did.

Yep losing Luke Priddis almost certainly cost us at least one premiership.

Hey no seriously... should Alfie be considered for the decade though?
I know I'm talking technicalities here but... No full season in 99 and 01...

It should be 1999 - 2009. I'm not being disrespectful, I just think it should be the team of the decade.

It really shows how much trouble we DID have in this position.

Yeah, I went for Wallace in this poll. Why? Because he's played 2 solid seasons, versus Alfie's swansong in 2002.

Like hooker, we've had very slim pickings at halfback.

yeh proberly should thrown my vote the way of Wallace. But when you see langer in a poll its hard to not click

Oh I'm not arguing with people picking Langer, he was fantastic that year and it was a year the Broncos should've won the premiership. Things conspired against us in the preliminary final.

Yeh wow, INCREDIBLE how much trouble we have had in this position... WB did not go too well after Langer - you have to admit that.

It actually shows Bennett has never been a very good judge of halfback. He didn't want Langer for Queensland back in 1987. And despite his showing in Origin he still needed Tommy Raudonikis to convince him to sign Langer for the Broncos.

Although IMO Peter Wallace was a good selection. Scott Prince was too, however he struggled to settle in at Brisbane with the death of his father and then his horrible injuries.

So can we confirm it can't be Langer then for this decade team?

Also - Isn't it fact he tried to sign Joey before he resigned with Newcastle early on?
Wallace was a good choice - he admitted he was looking for a halfback and someone tipped him about Wal... I read this somewhere...

lockyer47 said:
So can we confirm it can't be Langer then for this decade team?

Why? He played the full 2002 season at halfback.

Shane Perry should actually have a few more votes, 1 of only 2 half backs to win us a Premiership this decade

Unread

Active Now

• mrslong
  • Financeguy
  • bb_gun
  • johnny plath
  • BooKhaki
  • Manlyman
  • Culhwch
  • Mick_Hancock
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dash
  • Bucking Beads
  • Strop
  • Morkel
  • Skyblues87
  • Justwin
  • Rambstien
  • Wolfie
  • Fitzy
  • TimWhatley
  • azza.79
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.