OFFICIAL TEAM UPDATE 2024: PREMIERSHIP FAVOURITES

Watch this space for latest injuries, suspensions and training updates.

LATEST TEAM NEWS
Brendan Piakura has passed a 90 minute fitness test, clearing him to fly to Vegas.
Likely to be given until game week to prove final fitness. If not, Carrigan to replace with Hetherington to 13.

SUSPENDED
Josiah Karapani: Dangerous Throw, 1 game suspension, Round 1.

INJURED
Brendan Piakura: MCL, Round 1 (possible).
Jordan Riki: Shoulder, Round 1
Ezra Mam: Groin, Round 1

LATEST JUDICIARY

ScreenScreenshot 2024 02 18 at 10 21 11 NRL Judiciary Report Sipley facing ban for crusher tac

Brendan Piakura has injured his knee.

Walters:

"We will get the results of the scans and see how bad it is. Brendan ran some great lines and he defended well, too, but unfortunately he has injured his knee. We will get scans tomorrow when we get back to Brisbane and see how he is placed. He didn’t finish the game so that is never a good thing. He did it in the first half, they scored a try and he was slow getting back to the line and moving up. It was giving him some grief. He was really good, but if he’s not available for round one, we will look at our options. We’re hopeful he will play in round 1.”​

Speaking of which, remember when Flegs used to get penalised, binned and suspended for tackling too hard? It happened in the ESL this weekend. Leutele I think it was absolutely belted the opposition fullback and got binned for it because Connor, who is a known diver, stayed down.

Ezra Mam is good to go.

Kevvie:

“Ezra is fine, he is good to go for round 1."​

Ezra:

“I had to manage my load a bit. I put all my trust in the performance staff at the club. It was a bit disappointing to pull out of the All Stars. I gave the coaches a ring and just had to pull out. It was disappointing to pull out of it for the second year now but who knows, it could be third time lucky next year and hopefully I can play in the game. It has always been a big goal to represent my culture on the big stage. It is a little niggle in my groin, but it’s not too serious. I will be back on the field for round.”​

Piakura update.

Piakura underwent scans at the Qscan Clive Berghofer facility today after sustaining the knee injury in yesterday’s win over the Cowboys in Mackay.

Broncos Head Of Performance Dave Ballard:

"The scans show Brendan has picked up a low-grade strain to his MCL. We'll see how he pulls up over the next 24 hours before mapping out a rehab program over the coming days Brendan remains a chance to play Round 1 but there is a full season ahead of us, so we will see how it settles before making a final decision.”​

No point risking him for Vegas, let him stay behind and rehab ready for R2 after the break.
He's a reasonable chance to be able to play, but he won't be able to train with the Rams.

Since we're deep in the middle I'd wager Patty will shift outside again. Assuming Hetherington is fine he could start at lock.

Since we're deep in the middle I'd wager Patty will shift outside again. Assuming Hetherington is fine he could start at lock.

I tell you what too, how good is it going to be to likely have Taupau and Willison coming off the bench. A lot of teams are going to be running scared of our middle rotation this season. It is frightening.

I tell you what too, how good is it going to be to likely have Taupau and Willison coming off the bench. A lot of teams are going to be running scared of our middle rotation this season. It is frightening.
Marty also does a mean goat's head soup:

Active Now

• Astro
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.