Teen Gold Coast sensation Tanah Boyd set to take NRL by storm

B Hunt 2015 >> A Taylor 2016 . B Hunt 2017 = A Taylor 2017 .

B Hunt 2015 >> A Taylor 2016 . B Hunt 2017 = A Taylor 2017 .

Ash is definitely struggling, so are the titans in general. I think the coach is a big part and a dreadful run of injuries doesn't help.

Ash is definitely struggling, so are the titans in general. I think the coach is a big part and a dreadful run of injuries doesn't help.

He needs to be at a powerhouse club like bronx or storm hell even the cows
the titans are a basket case and he wont ever reach his potential if he stays there

I think Ash's biggest flaw at this stage of his career, is his hesitance to take the line on himself. He needs to discover a running game, or an ability to at the very least challenge the defence himself, or he runs the risk of becoming Jamie Soward number two.

Kicking game, passing game, game management etc are all on point. But he will quickly get worked out if he can't create more for himself by challenging the defence.

I think Ash's biggest flaw at this stage of his career, is his hesitance to take the line on himself. He needs to discover a running game, or an ability to at the very least challenge the defence himself, or he runs the risk of becoming Jamie Soward number two.

Kicking game, passing game, game management etc are all on point. But he will quickly get worked out if he can't create more for himself by challenging the defence.

Yeah he seems very reluctant, almost scared to take a hit. Will be a good test to see if he can turn his form around.

Yep fair assessment . He looks like a guy who can accelerate through a gap when running , has a good dummy . Some handy kicks .
But ... his pace off the mark as a #7 is inferior to Kodi . Speed can`t be coached . Kicking can .

Taylor seems more suited to 5/8 than half . He can accelerate when running but change of direction and speed off the mark are not his strengths . Better running onto the ball than threatening round the ruck .

I think the term for the #7 doing their job is decision making . Organising is done by the coach and the trainer / runner . When to kick or run on the last , where to kick it is more important than shouting orders at other blokes who should know their role and area of the field they play in .

Yep fair assessment . He looks like a guy who can accelerate through a gap when running , has a good dummy . Some handy kicks .
But ... his pace off the mark as a #7 is inferior to Kodi . Speed can`t be coached . Kicking can .

Taylor seems more suited to 5/8 than half . He can accelerate when running but change of direction and speed off the mark are not his strengths . Better running onto the ball than threatening round the ruck .

I think the term for the #7 doing their job is decision making . Organising is done by the coach and the trainer / runner . When to kick or run on the last , where to kick it is more important than shouting orders at other blokes who should know their role and area of the field they play in .

I think you might be off on that assessment mate. I'm sure 1910 had a stat of Taylor's on his speed and it was impressive , definitely no slouch. He was a gun touch player if i recall , and that usually means acceleration and balance are in your arsenal.

There's no doubt Taylor has been below his best of late. Whether it's second year syndrome, fear of recurring injury, or just a consequence of the gazillion injuries causing continuous reshuffles in his team, is the question...

He has never been afraid of taking on the line despite his relatively frail frame, and even though evasiveness is not the best weapon in his arsenal, if he gets through, good luck catching him, because he's certainly fast enough.
Like @Smokin' Joe said, he does need to do that to rise above a Soward or A. Reynolds, but he has all the attributes of a pure Halfback.

He's a very grounded kid, so I'm sure he'll bounce back to his best, and under normal circumstances (outside of nasty injuries or some other career impacting event), he will be a top HB within a few years, and quite possibly the Top HB in the comp once Thurston and Cronk retire. More so if he actually plays for a top team (hint Ashley... that's not the Tits).

Taylor hasn't had a rest since rd 1 last year from memory... tough for a rookie half especially when you consider he is basically leading the titans.

Could just be fatigue catching up to him.

He needs to think of his career and where it will go if he stays at the titans or where it will boom under a stable power house club

Q. Anyone heard of a young half 'Tom Deardon" apparently go's alright ?

Yeah he is a Mackay Brothers player
He is around 16 I believe, Apparently he could be anything

I think you might be off on that assessment mate. I'm sure 1910 had a stat of Taylor's on his speed and it was impressive , definitely no slouch. He was a gun touch player if i recall , and that usually means acceleration and balance are in your arsenal.

Watched him a couple of times lately doesn`t seem to use his speed to challenge the line and or use it to set up his supports . Good support player . Not keeping inside defense honest with taking them on himself .

Could be lotsa reasons . I spose .

Watched him a couple of times lately doesn`t seem to use his speed to challenge the line and or use it to set up his supports . Good support player . Not keeping inside defense honest with taking them on himself .

Could be lotsa reasons . I spose .

Yeah he is definitely struggling

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Emanon
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mighty Bronx
  • azza.79
  • upthebroncs
  • Foordy
  • Waynesaurus
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Sproj
  • Swordfish
  • johnny plath
  • Redfern_1980
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.