NEWS Te'o to start against old club as injury woes hit Broncos

Teo starting. I find it pathetic that we have no one else but a washed up union player.
Mate, we do have plenty others but they're either suspended or injured. I think Te'o can still cut it in the NRL. You and I know his stint in union was all about the filthy lucre.

I tend to agree with @Nashy

I would have probably just throw Joffa on the edge for a few weeks until Fifi returns. He did a 'decent' job playing 80 mins on the edge in Round 5 against Manly. Made 34 tackles and didn't make any errors. That's about all you can hope for from a 5th string edge back rower. If Te'o doesn't let in any tries with Benji magic and Garner running good lines this weekend it'll be a miracle.

I tend to agree with @Nashy

I would have probably just throw Joffa on the edge for a few weeks until Fifi returns. He did a 'decent' job playing 80 mins on the edge in Round 5 against Manly. Made 34 tackles and didn't make any errors. That's about all you can hope for from a 5th string edge back rower. If Te'o doesn't let in any tries with Benji magic and Garner running good lines this weekend it'll be a miracle.
We are the sons of god. We already got THE Savier (sic) in our run on team.

Mate, we do have plenty others but they're either suspended or injured. I think Te'o can still cut it in the NRL. You and I know his stint in union was all about the filthy lucre.

Some are injured. What happened to our juniors? Why Teo over someone else? He's dud in my eyes.

Some are injured. What happened to our juniors? Why Teo over someone else? He's dud in my eyes.

Yeah what happened to Bullemor? He wasn't looking THAT bad for us. Surely has more to offer than a 48 year old Te'o for a few weeks.

I like Te'o. He's old and grizzled but has a hard edge, and what he now lacks in speed he makes up in aggression and intensity. In a team lacking consistency and guidance, he's worth the signing, not just for the few decent minutes we can get out of him on the field, but his leadership off it.

If we weren't missing half a squad to injury and fielding a balanced team, different story.

I like Te'o. He's old and grizzled but has a hard edge, and what he now lacks in speed he makes up in aggression and intensity. In a team lacking consistency and guidance, he's worth the signing, not just for the few decent minutes we can get out of him on the field, but his leadership off it.

If we weren't missing half a squad to injury and fielding a balanced team, different story.
To be fair if he keeps getting fitter and contributing like he has been I'd find it hard to leave him out. As troops return it might be Oates making way instead. I like Lodge and Haas starting with TPJ and Fifita , Luke/Turpin hooker and Carrigan as a lock so a bench with Te'o, Flegler (subject to an improvement in handling) Paix and Oates/Kennedy could work. With some fit guys back we might have some useful reserves/backup. This season might start trending in the right direction. Imagine a win against some heavyweights, what wonders that would do!

To be fair if he keeps getting fitter and contributing like he has been I'd find it hard to leave him out. As troops return it might be Oates making way instead. I like Lodge and Haas starting with TPJ and Fifita , Luke/Turpin hooker and Carrigan as a lock so a bench with Te'o, Flegler (subject to an improvement in handling) Paix and Oates/Kennedy could work. With some fit guys back we might have some useful reserves/backup. This season might start trending in the right direction. Imagine a win against some heavyweights, what wonders that would do!
I’m with you. If we can win this week, I honestly think we can salvage this season.

I’m not saying we’re going to win the whole thing, but I saw enough in their attitude last week to suggest there is some fight left in this team / respect for the jersey.

Execution is still a way off, but that’ll come if we all start rowing in the same direction, get some troops back and get some luck with injuries and consistency in our lineup week-to-week.

I’m with you. If we can win this week, I honestly think we can salvage this season.

I’m not saying we’re going to win the whole thing, but I saw enough in their attitude last week to suggest there is some fight left in this team / respect for the jersey.

Execution is still a way off, but that’ll come if we all start rowing in the same direction, get some troops back and get some luck with injuries and consistency in our lineup week-to-week.
But how can we row in the same direction - we burnt the boats?

I thought Te'o was pretty good last week.

He went after the Bulldogs forwards and didn't take a backwards step. He played with aggression.

If he can take that into this game, he'll be a good option on that left side.

He went after the Bulldogs forwards and didn't take a backwards step. He played with aggression.

I think he’s been building fitness and form each week. I would prefer to have our first string team on the field but Teo won’t let us down. There are plenty of other players who need to back up last weeks performance or even step it up. He’s the least of our worries.

He was about one of our only forwards that actually ran onto the ball rather than a standing start so at least there was that.

He was about one of our only forwards that actually ran onto the ball rather than a standing start so at least there was that.
I think a few posters on here had better watch Te'o from back in the day. (2009-2012) I'd say quite a few don't remember him or have just plain forgotten but when we lost him I was disappointed. I rated him highly and when he went on a mission, it got done. ( deliberately poor English there )

hard to understand the hate for Teo starting when we have a fucking busted flush winger in the 2nd row with him...

**** Oates out of their first before Teo...

Of course we seem to be the only club which thinks this is a smart move...

Active Now

• lynx000
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Xzei
  • Broncosarethebest
  • marw
  • RolledOates
  • Browny
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.