Test Team Against New Zealand

Should we drop every player that has a rough trot? Every player in test history has had a run like North.

If he doesn't improve on this tour then sure, drop him. But no need to be rash about it

North played 2 of the worst test playing nations in the world and still could not buy a run. If North went back to shield cricket and scored runs I'd have him in the team. Unfortunately for North he averaged 24 with the bat in 7 Shield games. It isn't good enough.

#1 Kemp fan said:
North played 2 of the worst test playing nations in the world and still could not buy a run. If North went back to shield cricket and scored runs I'd have him in the team. Unfortunately for North he averaged 24 with the bat in 7 Shield games. It isn't good enough.

Its not as if he got some dodgy calls either. Last chance then give smith a go and see how he copes.

They chucked Pup in early and dropped him a little while later and know he is the Vice Captain

Also Norths record in the 2nd innnings of a test match is a disgraceful so he really needs a score in the first test IMO.

If they bring Smith in he will be dropped within 2 years, and then spend probably 2 years out of the team. A la Clarke.

Don't get me wrong - I don't think Marcus North is ever going to be talked about as one of our greatest players or anything like that. I just don't see the point of making changes for the sake of it. Smith has obvious potential but at this stage it really is just that - he's not a Test cricketer at the moment and putting him in the team too early may even do him more harm than good.

I'm glad he's on the tour - he will get a chance to take it all in and improve himself while he's over there. I'm sure a spot will open up in the not too distant future and if he's still in the frame he'll get a look in. But it's way too soon now.

Anyway North gets another chance today after all...

Hughes in for the injured Watson, Harris in for Siddle, McKay 12th Man

Watson injured. There's a shock.

Hughes out for 20 after caning 4 boundaries...another shock.

Coxy said:
Watson injured. There's a shock.

Hughes out for 20 after caning 4 boundaries...another shock.

Watson got nailed by Johnson in the nets not exactly his fault.

Hughes always that way sometimes it worls

Mate, I don't get many opportunities to bag Watson these days. He's a douche but he's playing well, making it hard to find ammo to throw at him. Give me this one please! :P

What about the knock from our Future Australian Captain... Superb, North batted well today too, I wouldn't have had him in the side but good to see finally found form. Johnson has a habit of hurting team mates in the nets, maybe he should bowl off 2 steps.

Yeah good to see North do well. He does well away from home.

Treefrog said:
Yeah good to see North do well. He does well away from home.

Very true, hopefully now he has cemented his place in the side he can make runs in Australia next summer.

Pretty average performance so far. Have not been able to see any footage but it appears to be a bowlers paradise. Ross Taylor is scoring quickly.

Not really a bowler's paradise. Not a flat track, but not a minefield. Most Australian wickets were just puss poor shots.

Didn't see the Kiwi unnungs, but I'd imagine it was similar.

Ross Taylor got a 129 off 100 balls the rest of them did nothing. Slow wicket really a bit two paced.

Active Now

• Justwin
  • LittleDavey
  • Sproj
  • Kev_Guz
  • Scorchie
  • Dash
  • Waynesaurus
  • ChewThePhatt
  • broncsgoat
  • Hurrijo
  • Broncorob
  • Skathen
  • Mr Fourex
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  • azza.79
  • Fitzy
  • lynx000
  • BruiserMk1
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.