VOTE TEVITA PANGAI JR is BHQ Player of Round 8

Who is your player of the round (pick 3)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is he still injured? Seems strange
He came back early from his throat injury and must have picked up another injury in the first round of the competition.

It's why Richie Kennar got picked in the centres.

Kennar must also be injured since he hasn't played any reserves since the Panthers game. A shame because he was OK in that game.

He came back early from his throat injury and must have picked up another injury in the first round of the competition.

It's why Richie Kennar got picked in the centres.

Kennar must also be injured since he hasn't played any reserves since the Panthers game. A shame because he was OK in that game.

Certainly not as good as Herbie or Arthars though that's for sure.

As seen on NRL.com

Choose who should be in Round 8 Team of the Week

Choose who should be in Round 8 Team of the Week 2

Congratulations TEVITA PANGAI JR: you are this week's strongest link. You also retain top place on the leaderboard.

Special mention to Tyson Gamble who gained more votes on debut than Tom Dearden and Brodie Croft combined for the season.

BHQ Best 8

LEADERBOARD

Tevita Pangai Junior
259​
Payne Haas
211​
Jamayne Isaako
165​
Herbie Farnworth
131​
Jake Turpin
83​
Tyson Gamble
64​
Matthew Lodge
61​
Xavier Coates
59​
David Mead
58​
Jordan Riki
57​
Anthony Milford
55​
Corey Oates
51​
Tesi Niu
35​
Brodie Croft
28​
Tom Dearden
18​
Rhys Kennedy
10​
John Asiata
7​
Ethan Bullemor
7​
Ben Te'o
7​
Patrick Carrigan
4​
Alex Glenn
3​
Richard Kennar
2​
Danny Levi
2​
Thomas Flegler
1​

After one game Gamble has more votes then any Half we have used this year.

Because the rest of his game was immense, what was overlooked was his play off the ball. His dummy runs were fantastic! He not only ran that way because that is what they play dictated but he ran the line with intent and looked like he was going to get the ball. He kept sucking their centre in giving more room for the outside players.

Our teams movement off the ball was generally a lot better which meant the defence was guessing instead of knowing who was getting the ball.

Kennedy did not get enough wraps. It was not a coincidence thst things changed when he got on the field. He ran with intent and either got an offload or quick play the ball and did a lot of support play. Numerous times gamble took the ball to the line and kennedy (and bullemore on occasions) ran up on the inside which kept the markers and held the A defender in, again resulting in more room on the outside. A very simple play but massive impacts upon the actual attack.
Ahh, a student of the game. You're absolutely right about Kennedy, he kept making decoy runs and 5th tackle kick pressure attempts. I loved seeing KW finally make the right call and play Kennedy in the first half and none of this 65 mins on the bench and coming on when we're 20 or more behind bullshit. Relieving Lodge with Kennedy is something I can see KW repeatedly doing for the rest of the year.

Using Flegler didn't seem to work well. I think Flegler though should be used up earlier too and I have my own solution for that but that's for my fantasy role as Head Coach!

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Allo
  • Galah
  • Waynesaurus
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • broncsgoat
  • RodF
  • lynx000
  • Brocko
  • Jedhead
  • broncos4life
  • barker
  • marw
  • winslow_wong
  • I bleed Maroon
  • FACTHUNT
  • Old Mate
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Organix
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.