Thaiday to retire at the end of 2018

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
THAIDAY TO HANG UP BOOTS NEXT YEAR
Brisbane great Sam Thaiday has confirmed he will retire at the end of the 2018 NRL season.
The former Broncos skipper is off contract at the end of next year and coach Wayne Bennett had already confirmed he will not be offered a new deal.
Thaiday, 32, said on Monday he would not seek a contract with a rival club and would hang up the boots as a one-club player.

Wow, perfect timing to fire the boys up for the finals.

Hopefully his money can be used on another quality prop.

Thanks for the years of service Sam, you've been one of my favourite players.

Fairytale for next season too. Thanks Sam ya legend.

I have had a lot of criticisms if him as a player for a long time now, but he's been incredibly loyal to the club, and a terrific entertainer with his interviews. Thanks Sammy

He's been putting in the last few weeks after an incredibly average season. Need him to give his all.

So, can Sam get his fingers into the testimonial game pie? If they get a sniff that the Broncos might be advantaged somehow, it'll probably be canned, I'd guess.

So, can Sam get his fingers into the testimonial game pie? If they get a sniff that the Broncos might be advantaged somehow, it'll probably be canned, I'd guess.
He's actually one of only 5 players who qualify under the eligibility 'rules' for a testimonial.

The NRL love fairytales ... so we are shoe-ins next season ...

Congrats to him. Been a fantastic servant but it is clearly time to stop. Hope he can lift now end is in sight and get at least one more premiership.

Why doesn't he deserve a testimonial game? He's done it all in league and played huge number of games for one club. Is very popular so people would go. Wouldn't begrudge him after he actually bloody retires instead of while contracted to an NRL club unlike certain others. Also perhaps with only retired and emerging players. I'd be pissed if we lost a key player for the season to someone's payday testimonial.

Unread

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.