The Beale-Hoffman Conundrum

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Hoffman comes straight back in, he was our player of the year last year for good reason. The bloke is a star and has earned the fullback position. Beale will go to the wing and if he can't perform he will go to QLD cup

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
Hoffman will come back as our #1 fullback, and rightly so.

His form prior to his injury was excellent, so we simply can't forget about that.

Beale has certainly excelled at the back since getting a shot there, but he'll be moved when Hoffman comes back.

Sure is nice to have so much talent at our disposal ;)

Tapa-mafia member

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah, Beale has been good but he hasn't been THAT good!

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Coxy said:
Hoffman
Beale
Reed
Hodges
Yow yeh

/thread

Yep that'll do me icon_thumbs_u

No Norman on the bench and I'm happy

user_nat

user_nat

NRL Player
Aug 29, 2009
Hoffman straight back to fullback. Beale to the wing. Copley to U20/Qcup.

If Hoffman completely screws up, we can simply shift him and Beale around.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
user_nat said:
Hoffman straight back to fullback. Beale to the wing. Copley to U20/Qcup.

Sounds familiar eusa_think

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
The Rock said:
There is mo conundrum. Hoffman was our best player last year and he was our best player this year before getting injured.

He also has way more potential at FB than Beale. Beale has been real solid at FB and has been good in all aspects, but what has Beale done to BEAT Hoffman to the FB position? Can anyone tell me?

He's there. And has been there for 5 weeks. And the Goldfish of BHQ have forgotten what Hoffman did.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Not many people want beale to stay at fullback so I think it is a case o tarditis moreso than the bhq fishbowl

Pigskin

Pigskin

NYC Player
Mar 5, 2008
Hoffman straight into fullback. Beale to the bench. Copley keeps his spot cause he is going well. Hunt playing left right out.

Oink !

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Pigskin said:
Hoffman straight into fullback. Beale to the bench. Copley keeps his spot cause he is going well. Hunt playing left right out.

Oink !

That could work, but Beale's defence means he really has to come in to the backline...which is pointless. He's not defensively good enough to play hooker (he's shifted up there when Norman's come on previously).

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Defence can be taught.. :P

Beale is our new Berro

Pigskin

Pigskin

NYC Player
Mar 5, 2008
Well Beale seems as good as Hunt in his dummy half work, which isn't saying a whole lot. Is Hunt's defense that superior to Beale's ?

Beale could fill in at fullback, wing, center, hooker, halves or back row if desperate. I'm not disputing his defense, you probly have more idea than I.

Just can't imagine his defense being that much worse than Hunt's.

Anyway, that's what I would do. Hoffman has been our best player in the games he has played this year and has earnt the right to walk back in. And Copley is really starting to look the goods.

Oink !

ps So Copley has gone past Gagai in the pecking order ? I talked up Gagai in the off-season to a mate in Melbourne - bugger.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Hunt's just got a bit more size about him than Beale. Better equipped for in the line defence, and has had some good performances defensively at hooker.

There's no doubt 9 is our weakest position on the field right now.

Pigskin

Pigskin

NYC Player
Mar 5, 2008
Coxy said:
Hunt's just got a bit more size about him than Beale.

Beale is listed at 95kg's ... Hunt at 90kg's

Hunt is looking fat though, I grant you that.

Oink !

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Beale's also 4cm taller, but I don't necessarily just mean size. I mean robustness.

BTW, Andrew Johns always looked overweight. Just saying.

Unread

Active Now

• Battler
  • Waynesaurus
  • ezpz
  • winslow_wong
  • Brocko
  • Wolfie
  • Harry Sack
  • Browny
  • MrMoore
  • broncsgoat
  • bert_lifts
  • Culhwch
  • Porthoz
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Allo
  • Jazza
  • LGH
  • Dash
  • Mr Fourex
  • Fozz
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.