PRE-GAME [THE BIG DANCE] BRISBANE BRONCOS Vs PENRITH PANTHERS - 2023 NRL GRAND FINAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
So old Gus reckons JFH wont be worried about taking on Payno. Haas wont be worried about their forwards either. The media like to call Payne an enforcer, which he just isnt. He's never been the type of forward to make a point of taking on the opposition individually so i dont really get why they are going with that narrative. He just goes and does his job every week.

The blokes you could call our enforcers are Flegs and Kobe.

And Peeks.

And EZRA!!

383343107 798019492332684 4465069690160358995 n

The more I think about it, the more I think that the first 20 mins is key.

If we come out fired up and aggressive looking to hurt Penrith and impose our will, I think it goes a long way to winning.

If we blink and hesitate and let the Panthers get on top and establish themselves physically, I think it becomes an uphill battle.

DCE:

“The Broncos can win this grand final, 100 per cent. As a team they have found out what works and doesn’t work for them. I believe they learnt some tough lessons last year and it’s really steeled them for this year’s run. Their best footy will be hard to beat. The key is performing under pressure. Once game time comes, the Broncos have to perform. You can have the best season ever, but if you don’t perform on game day, it’s all for nothing. This game defines their season.”​
“They can win it because of their balance. Their middles (Haas, Tom Flegler and Pat Carrigan) are fantastic, they have an extremely experienced half in Reynolds who knows the game really well and their strike out wide is electric. As a footy side, if them Broncos don’t get you on the edges, then they are coming through the middle. They are very dangerous.”​
“They have the strike to beat Penrith, but they have to produce their best footy. Penrith are not a team you can play, maybe give 50 or 70 per cent of your best, and expect to beat them. They are too well drilled and they will take advantage of you if you off your game. But Brisbane’s best is enough.”​
“It’s never one thing that makes the best players the best players. It’s a combination and what Reece has, he is extremely quick and he has a great passing game. The big thing about Reece is he is competitive. With that, he is always in the game. He wants to be in the game. And when you possess so many strengths like Reece, the more that he is in the game and the more he touches the ball, the better the Broncos are. He loves the contest. That reflects in his toughness. For someone of his size, he doesn’t get deterred when someone roughs him up. If Penrith try that, it will only fire up Reece.”​

And just like that, out of no where the nerves have kicked in.

I've basically been butterfly free all week and had almost come to the conclusion that i might not get nervous before this one.

But the nerves have hit in a big way.

Anyone else?

I've basically been butterfly free all week and had almost come to the conclusion that i might not get nervous before this one.

Anyone else?
Not yet for me. But I'd say sometime around early afternoon it will kick in.

Anyone else?
My nerves have settled. When Cobbo gave away THAT penalty, I was a jittery mess for a few days and even when I'd doze off, I'd be wide awake two hours later ready to run through walls. Felt like I was walking on air the first few days but now I'm just ready for the game.

I'm doubting a bit after that Lions game. 1st Place vs 2nd Place. One team turned up and just played a good solid game and shut down the attack players for Brisbane.
But if I had not watched the AFL game I would still be pretty confident for tomorrow.
It will be a cracker for sure.

I'm bricking it.

I've gotta get up early, start work at 6am, done by 2pm. Then drive down to Sydney for the match, and drive home afterwards. Going to be a long day, but hopefully it is worth it.

Every time I properly think about the match, I can feel my heart beating faster haha. I just want kick-off already!

First 20mins will decide this one imo.
We need our forwards to be physical and go after them, much like what Patty did to the Storm in week 1 of the finals.
But still my biggest worry and I’ve said it all year is our errors. We haven’t really played a team that’s made us pay for the large amount of errors that we can make. And Penrith are the team that will make you pay.
If we can be physical and limit our errors we are every chance to win it.
I think we will be hungrier than Penrith and if I were Kev I’d be telling the boys to give it all, leave nothing behind.
I want to see Flegs go batshit crazy with Patty and Payne following.
There is no next week. Get it done boys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Xzei
  • Skathen
  • NSW stables
  • Brocko
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.