PRE-GAME [THE BIG DANCE] BRISBANE BRONCOS Vs PENRITH PANTHERS - 2023 NRL GRAND FINAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously I am exaggerating my confidence a lot but I am confident we will win. It will be close though and this is the biggest test either side has faced since our last meeting, ages ago. There are so many unknowns which makes it exciting. How much have both sides improved since last meeting? What difference will having Reyno and Walsh together for the first time against Penrith this year make?

I do think that if we both play to our best, our best THIS YEAR is better. Obviously, the Panthers best and worst are almost identical. I really do think the results depends on what game we play and how much we've played the GF before it starts.

I just can't picture a forward pack with Haas/Flegler/Carrigan or JFH/Leota/Yeo getting dominated by the other. Reynolds and Cleary are extremely close. Broncos backs are more athletic, the Panthers backline better drilled in defence. Only big difference is the differing styles the fullbacks play. No idea who wins, but obviously Walsh has to have a big game for it to be Brisbane, and we gotta get on top of Leniu when he comes on and is running off the back fence, which is not easy.

Obviously I am exaggerating my confidence a lot but I am confident we will win. It will be close though and this is the biggest test either side has faced since our last meeting, ages ago. There are so many unknowns which makes it exciting. How much have both sides improved since last meeting? What difference will having Reyno and Walsh together for the first time against Penrith this year make?

I do think that if we both play to our best, our best THIS YEAR is better. Obviously, the Panthers best and worst are almost identical. I really do think the results depends on what game we play and how much we've played the GF before it starts.
If we play our best our attack is second to none. I don't feel our best defensive effort is better than Penrith's. Our edges have been consistently fragile this year and our field domination kind of masks that.

We have to lift in defence. Plain and simple

Only concern I have at the moment is how early we've ended up in Sydney.

Not sure if they just wanted to get out of the Brisbane hub to settle as a group and focus... create a siege mentality to come in and ambush.

Or if it's usual for interstate teams to head to Sydney this early.

We did the same in 2006 😉

A Sydney based colleague just ducked down to the fan zone and said that the amount of Broncos fans was incredible.

He doesn't support us either, so not looking with maroon and gold glasses. Soooooo keen for Sunday.

I’ve never disliked a fan base more than this. Drop kicks
D169EB21 C254 4D61 8593 8FF447AFF347

If we play our best our attack is second to none. I don't feel our best defensive effort is better than Penrith's. Our edges have been consistently fragile this year and our field domination kind of masks that.

We have to lift in defence. Plain and simple
This, 100%

We’ve definitely handed far too many points to teams through errors that they they hardly earned. Wahs first 2 try’s last week perfect examples.
Can’t give Panthers easy points.

If we defend as per storm game and have spells like the 20 mins we had 1st half against the Wahs we’ll have a chance.

This, 100%

We’ve definitely handed far too many points to teams through errors that they they hardly earned. Wahs first 2 try’s last week perfect examples.
Can’t give Panthers easy points.

If we defend as per storm game and have spells like the 20 mins we had 1st half against the Wahs we’ll have a chance.
All the warriors points came off the back of our errors.

Arthars drop for the first one
Intercept for the second

And the third was after Walsh kicked it miles dead for a 7 tackle set... they then set up camp in our end until they scored.

That last one is probably the example of how Panthers will treat our errors.

They like to set up camp in the opposition's end and keep hammering away until the defence gives in.

Our goal line defence will be what decides if we win or lose... it's also probably our biggest weakness.

We'll scramble hard and keep turning up, but you can only rely on scrambling for so long and we've let in some soft soft tries over this year

Does anyone know if we are wearing our Away Jerseys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • ChewThePhatt
  • MrMoore
  • Rambstien
  • Brotherdu
  • bb_gun
  • TimWhatley
  • Broncosgirl
  • Big Del
  • ivanhungryjak
  • RolledOates
  • Santa
  • dasherhalo
  • Brocko
  • leon.bott
  • Skathen
  • broncsgoat
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Old Mate
  • Galah
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.