The Conversation Hour with Wayne Bennett

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah I heard it the other day, very good. He is so good to listen to when he is a bit relaxed and speaking openly. I also recommend.

Hamm.0

Hamm.0

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Yeah, heard this the other friday, was going to mention it but it was over. Great man.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
yeah mate an awesome listen, learn some stuff he doesn't talk about in the book (which is awesome too).

gUt

gUt

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Thanks for the link, he sounds more relaxed than I've ever heard him before.

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
He's always been pretty relaxed with the ABC - he trusts them, they've never really stirred up shit with him.

M

mick

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
That's generally right. The ABC are after genuine responses and they very, very rarely senstaionalise headlines or concoct stories out of absolutely nothing, unlike most of the commercial media in Australia.

As a result, they generally get far better quality interviews done with people, be they sports stars, politicians or "everyday people".

gUt

gUt

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Bennett usually sounds pretty prickly when interviewed live by Morrow and Ryan though.

B

bob the Smasher

QCup Player
Mar 16, 2008
Well they didn't exactly ask him any hard questions, but a good listen anyway.

ethos

ethos

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
I suppose it is called the conversation hour rather than the interrogation hour after all.

But yeah interesting for sure and as others have said, a nice change to see him more chatty.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
I didn't like how they were bagging out Bronco's fans and were trying to get Wayne Bennett to bag us out too. When really it wasn't us that was hounding him, it was the blimmin Media. Thanks for that Wayne.

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
Wayne has always appreciated and will always stick up for the Broncos fans.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Flutterby said:
Wayne has always appreciated and will always stick up for the Broncos fans.
I know, he's so wise, knows the truth when he hears it and knows the difference between what's important and what's not. A few people could learn a thing or two from him, that's for sure.

M

mick

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
mrslong said:
I didn't like how they were bagging out Bronco's fans and were trying to get Wayne Bennett to bag us out too. When really it wasn't us that was hounding him, it was the blimmin Media. Thanks for that Wayne.

+1.

Aside from everything else though, always great to listen to a decent interview with the man.

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • broncos4life
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Johnny92
  • Wolfie
  • dasherhalo
  • Porthoz
  • Culhwch
  • Xzei
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Bucking Beads
  • Locky24
  • Dannymh
  • tajhay
  • mitch222
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.