The Dragons

gUt

gUt

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
All tip and no iceburg. I said elsewhere that their run of wins was an illusion. Apart from the win against Manly and probably the win against the Knights, every one of those games was a gift. Now they've been smacked by Canberra - sure the score was 19-12 but that included a last-minute consolation try.

The beautiful thing about this was that during the week there was an article in the RLW about how they were no longer "soft". Well losing to Canberra at home with a (near?) full strength side available looks pretty soft to me, you pack of pretenders.

Let's talk about this game instead of the Broncos loss to the dogs.

Nice attention deflection ;-) And totally agree, I can't help but think about how the Dragons played at the start of the season and know that when the whips are cracking they're a class behind the likes of Manly and Melbourne. Even the Roosters.

Roosters, Dragons and Broncos will be filthy today. With the weekend of upsets they've all missed a golden chance to consolidate their places in the 8 by losing games they should have won. St George's effort was particularly surprising. Well done to the Raiders, I can't help but like them. Plenty of heart down in the nation's capital.

They got all their wins (and a false sense of how awesome they were) against depleted sides over the Origin period.

Although in saying that, I thought the Raiders played very well yesterday and the Dragons were probably due for a loss.

Raiders were up for it yesterday and have been in pretty good form. I don't think this weekend changes much with the Roosters, Drags or us as I see all teams playing really well next weekend because the coaches will not be happy with the lack of enthusiasm (although the Roosters were hardly unenthusiastic they were just out pointed in a shootout).

Roosters' defence was unenthusiastic. Some of the tries the Titans scored were from lack of intensity and desperation in cover - two qualities you usually get from a Roosters team in bucketloads.

Coxy said:
Roosters' defence was unenthusiastic. Some of the tries the Titans scored were from lack of intensity and desperation in cover - two qualities you usually get from a Roosters team in bucketloads.

Yeah very true same could be same for the Titans defense but both sides were certainly enthused with the pill in hand, but your right........again [eusa_eh

Titans have never been overly impressive defensively IMO. Always capable of giving up 2 or 3 quick tries ... look at the Broncos game earlier this year?

Their game plan has chiefly revolved around controlling field position and possession, keep their opposition in their own half and starve them of opportunities. They gave the Roosters heaps of opportunities on Friday night, and the Roosters in the second half couldn't produce anything.

Dragons just showed yesterday why they're one of many teams who could well give the comp a shake, but won't. Similar to...

Us - let's face it, Brissie can beat anyone on their day, but can look horrible when we're "off".

Eels - All the talent in the world, but no ticker.

Sharks - Can fail miserably in big games.

Roosters - Tendency to lose games they're expected to win.

Two-horse race between last year's grand finalists unless one of the above clubs comes to the party.

Sharks are the biggest pretenders IMO. They have very good defence usually, and if your attack is a bit off its game it's hard to score against them. But their attack is woeful. Against a very good, in form defence, they've got nothing.

It'll be Manly vs Melbourne again though, for sure and certain. In fact the intrigue for the rest of this season is who will get bragging rights to the minor premiership? Manly have been given a hand with the Storm's Origin schedule robbing them of 6 points.

Outside the Sea Eagles and the Storm I think the dark horses remain the Roosters and the Broncos. But yeah I'd say it'll be a grand final rematch (which would be pretty cool imo).

What a good performance that would be from the Storm btw - 3 GFs in a row in this comp.

I was hoping the Dragons would choke soon.
Sounds like it will be a rematch GF
Lets hope the Broncos or Raiders get Melbourne out of that [icon_wink [icon_pray.

Active Now

• ostin86
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncosarethebest
  • thenry
  • Skyblues87
  • Big Del
  • FACTHUNT
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Jason Simmons
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Mum-the-meatloaf
  • bb_gun
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.