The DRS

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Give it to the third umpire already. The players don't have a clue how to use and the umpires still make howlers

Yep, any contentious decision should get reffered, if its obvious just fucking walk.

Can't see the third umpire couldn't call them back. They can tell a batsman to wait to check for a no ball why not this?

I don't mind them leaving it in the hands of the players, but today showed the folly of using them up when it's not a clanger. Players just have to be smarter about their referrals. For an LBW, unless you KNOW you hit it, don't challenge it.

One option I reckon they should look at to reduce the "review and hope" scenarios is a run penalty. Say 5-run penalty if you refer it and you fail. If you're the batting side, you lose 5 runs. If you're the fielding side, the batting side gains 5 runs.

That's not gonna stop what happened today though. Something should be put in place. Maybe the third ump has a quick look before the batsman goes off too make sure.

If the idea is to reverse clangers you make all dismissals reviewable, the same way all scoring plays are reviewable in the NFL. If it's a wicket, check for if it's pitching in line, hitting the stumps, no ball and whether it was an edge.

Still have reviews, but only for the fielding teams. If it's an "Umpire's Call" decision, don't count it as a challenge, otherwise count it as a challenge. Don't see why that's so hard tbh.

That's not gonna stop what happened today though. Something should be put in place. Maybe the third ump has a quick look before the batsman goes off too make sure.

Well, Clarke probably wouldn't risk a 5-run (or 10-run whatever penalty seems fit) penalty for that review, meaning Warner could've reviewed his.

If the idea is to reverse clangers you make all dismissals reviewable, the same way all scoring plays are reviewable in the NFL. If it's a wicket, check for if it's pitching in line, hitting the stumps, no ball and whether it was an edge.

Still have reviews, but only for the fielding teams. If it's an "Umpire's Call" decision, don't count it as a challenge, otherwise count it as a challenge. Don't see why that's so hard tbh.
I dont understand why it can't be this simple, I personally dont think there is anything wrong with the system now but if a change has to be made this makes the most sense to me.

Active Now

• heartly87
  • Brocko
  • Thelmus
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Financeguy
  • Rookie Alan
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Johnny92
  • Manofoneway
  • Locky field goal
  • Broncosgirl
  • MrTickyMcG
  • broncsgoat
  • ChewThePhatt
  • winslow_wong
  • Wild Horse
  • Griffo
  • scobie
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Santa
... and 28 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.