NEWS The Fifita saga according to Paul Kent

I haven't had time for this Neville for years and years. I'm only surprised at how long it's taken or rather how tolerant some of you are. The guys been shit for decades, he writes one good article for every 99 shit ones.

I just read the article properly. This line is disgraceful. If I were Fifita or the club I would be exploring all options. What a scumbag Kent is.
Yeh, it’s pretty much libel.

In the alternate universe where the Broncos officials didn't turn up to the airport, Kent's article reads "young naive man after returning from a harrowing Balinese prison torture is unsupported by his Broncos officials, clearly wanting to distance themselves from appearing to have rorted salary cap"

Gave up reading anything by this lightweight long ago. His football knowledge could be written on the back of a postage stamp with a 2" paintbrush. When some people don't know it they make it up.

In the alternate universe where the Broncos officials didn't turn up to the airport, Kent's article reads "young naive man after returning from a harrowing Balinese prison torture is unsupported by his Broncos officials, clearly wanting to distance themselves from appearing to have rorted salary cap"

Yeah it's a lose/lose situation for us in terms of media coverage about the ordeal.

We do the right thing by Fifita and we get a lot of crap for it from the media but if we had just left him there to fight for himself then those same media outlets, especially the RLPA, would crucify us for abandoning him bringing up player welfare blah blah blah.

Not only that, but I imagine his family would not have been too happy about us leaving him there and his mother would have been in his ear about it.

Yeah it's a lose/lose situation for us in terms of media coverage about the ordeal.

We do the right thing by Fifita and we get a lot of crap for it from the media but if we had just left him there to fight for himself then those same media outlets, especially the RLPA, would crucify us for abandoning him bringing up player welfare blah blah blah.

Not only that, but I imagine his family would not have been too happy about us leaving him there and his mother would have been in his ear about it.
The media and their opinions are irrelevant. He's a key employee in our business and like any other business, our only concern should be the welfare of that employee and bringing him back to safety as swiftly and smoothly as possible.

Who cares what Kent thinks. The fact someone so irrelevant can have so much talk about him is the annoying part about this.

Who cares what Kent thinks. The fact someone so irrelevant can have so much talk about him is the annoying part about this.
Serious Rugby League fans worth their salt know way better than to worry about opinions from the likes of Kent and Rothfield or to look to them as relevant sources for news.

He is such a dumb **** he missed the opportunity to link it to Lodges leadership skills as well😂😂 he will probably write another article next week after reading this

He is such a dumb **** he missed the opportunity to link it to Lodges leadership skills as well😂😂 he will probably write another article next week after reading this

he didn't miss it ... he just didn't want to use all his material in one article ...

he didn't miss it ... he just didn't want to use all his material in one article ...
He is going to the Badel school of sports journalism, each short conversation is worth 5 articles at least.

Stopped reading at ‘according to Paul Kent’ in the header.

If you get triggered by what any of these peanuts down south write about the Broncos, then they’ve won and done their job. Anyone south of the border is obviously going to have agenda against the Broncos it’s apart of their DNA.

I suggest just not reading it and letting it fall amongst deaf ears.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Behind enemy lines
  • Aldo
  • Volvo Driver
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.