The final ladder of the decade (we finished third....)

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
fjvb2rutfy341.jpg

Man, we must really be living in some sort of bubble, because that last decade certainly didn't feel like a 3rd place finish to me. 2010 - 2019 was the worst decade in the Broncos history, and we still finished in the top 4 overall?? and the only club in that top 4 to not win a premiership this decade 😆 AND Melbourne still finished 1st despite their disastrous 2010...

****. Me. Sideways.

Last edited:
Wow! I did not expect stats like this.

When you look at the teams outside the 5, none of them have been up that red hot for more than a year or two.

missed out on second by 2.5 wins.

(Started 2019 in second place)

Last edited:
Success should be measured in premierships and we shouldn't be on the list. This just gives our incompetent board and ceo another unjustified reason to wank to themselves in the mirror. This list does us no favours.

Success should be measured in premierships and we shouldn't be on the list. This just gives our incompetent board and ceo another unjustified reason to wank to themselves in the mirror. This list does us no favours.

I don't necessarily agree with this statement ... they have sacked 3 coaches in the time, looking for the winning formula.

It's shit like this that validates them. This attitude of "we're happy that we made finals but we lost so what can you do." that has been strangling the club.

I actually think it should make for pretty miserable reading for the NRL.

Two decades on from the salary cap being reintroduced, and realistically the same 4 or 5 clubs are the only sides who ever look like a chance to win a Premiership.

Sure, there is the occasional Cowboys or Sharks twice in a decade, but outside of that, it's basically the same handful of sides playing themselves in various combinations during the finals and Grand Final over this past decade.

Last edited:
I actually think it should make for pretty miserable reading for the NRL.

Two decades on from the salary cap being reintroduced, and realistically the same 4 or 5 clubs are the only sides who ever look like a chance to win a Premiership.

Sure, there is the occasional Cowboys or Sharks twice in a decade, but outside of that, it's basically the same handful of sides playing themselves in various combinations during the finals and Grand Final over this past decade.

There's nothing they can do about it. Look at that bottom 4, it makes so much sense when you think about how poorly those clubs have been operated by their own people.

There's nothing they can do about it. Look at that bottom 4, it makes so much sense when you think about how poorly those clubs have been operated by their own people.
I know, I agree. I just think it reinforces the idea that the salary cap overall doesn't really impact the League being dominated by the same handful of clubs and it certainly doesn't stop poorly run clubs out there from struggling on field and losing money off field.

What it has been effective at is diminishing club's connections to their local junior bases and creating ever greater disincentives for clubs to develop talent beyond their contracted players.

Last edited:

Active Now

• jd87
  • cento
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Mr Fourex
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mustafur
  • Battler
  • Santa
  • Culhwch
  • kman
  • Justwin
  • winslow_wong
  • Organix
  • Foordy
  • unnerv1ng
  • BroncosAlways
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Sproj
  • Jedhead
  • broncos4life
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.