NEWS The good Oates

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Prolific tryscorer Corey Oates opens up to Chris Honnery from the The Courier-Mail:

“The staff never had any doubt so I suppose that was me coming out of the hospital and thinking I’d be nowhere near ready (for Round 1). “The staff did a great job and pushed me to my limits for the first two or three weeks. I did lose a lot of weight. They’ve helped me get that back in the gym and working hard. “I’ve been trying to get my strength back.

“I’ve just put in the effort. It was a credit to them for being so positive about it. I was down a bit but now I’m feeling really good. I’m 100 per cent ready to go.

“(Last year) was probably the best start to a season I’ve ever had so I’ve got to take that out of my year. I played really bad towards the end. It was a terrible finish but I’ve got to take out the positives. I went back to backing myself and knowing I can do that sort of stuff. I doubted myself a lot towards the end of the year. I probably tried to do more when I didn’t need to do more. I was already doing enough."

He says he's excited about the prospect of playing right next to Boyd:

"We’ve been doing a really good job over the last couple of months. I’m really confident with that. In attack, I know what he’s going to do. He’s shown he can defend in the centres when he’s played Origin there.”

McHunt

Last edited:

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Xzei
  • Johnny92
  • GCBRONCO
  • Broncosgirl
  • MrMoore
  • Mister Wright
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Painin the Haas
  • Griffo
  • Redux
  • The True King
  • Fatboy
  • thenry
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.