NEWS The Good Old Boys are back in town

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Kevin Walters is building that bridge back to the past, and they are coming:

Petero Civoniceva:

“I was a big fan of the Broncos growing up in Redcliffe and they were my team. I got to debut in 1998 and I was beside the likes of Pearl (Renouf), Kevvie, Alfie and a team that will go down as the all-time greats. I was able to squeeze my way onto the bench and luckily for me, I got a shot just to be in that team. Then to go all the way to the grand final in 1998, that was an amazing start to my career.”

“We’ve had some past legends come into the group, like Trevor Gillmeister and Glenn Lazarus. As tough as last year was, it’s important moving forward that this young group understands who the men are who laid the platform before them. It’s about recognising the past but getting them involved too. With Kevvie there, he’s going to draw a lot more out of his players."

“There’s a real want from these players to be around the older players.”

V3imagesbin1d9965553a90896a009769d25369fb6a 4y31u75scjo6laiqvv2 t1880

We've got this

Steve Renouf:

“There’s always this debate around the ’92 team and the ’98 team. That ’98 team was pretty special because it had all these young guys coming through, who went on to become legends. Both those years we were minor premiers, so it was pretty special.”

“We always had a rivalry with the Storm during the mid-2000s, and we’d always have good battles against the Roosters but Canberra were the big ones. They were tough, even up here and we didn’t like going down there.”

McHunt

Last edited:
And this is the difference, Kevvie is surrounding himself with help and just wants the best for the team/club.

Seibold was the opposite, he thought he knew everything and didn't need help, he drove everybody away who challenged him and then bought in a few yes men, it was all about Seibold.

Kevvie is all about the Broncos, this is why we are going to be better this year.

*EDIT* Seibolds coaching seem to be dictated by fear, I don't get that vibe from Kevvie.

Last edited:
It was one of Buzz’s ‘spotted’ a week ago

Wouldn't it be good if he jumps ship after offering his services to Fifita, and instead takes piakura and Riki under his wing.
The guys been a knob but he was a hell of player.
Too late for that. While I admit I would like to see Fifita fucked over, Tallis is not welcome back here in my books, he has done too much. Yes he was an amazing player but has spent years actively trying to take the club he captained down and I can't and won't forget.

You can add Wendell "The Red V is a part of me" Sailor to the unwanted list.

You can add Wendell "The Red V is a part of me" Sailor to the unwanted list.
Nah not the same, at least not for me. Yes he has embraced the Dragons but at the same time has still fully supported the Broncos. Also, he actually played for the Dragons so his involvement with them is not purely spite like Tallis and the Titans.

Too late for that. While I admit I would like to see Fifita fucked over, Tallis is not welcome back here in my books, he has done too much. Yes he was an amazing player but has spent years actively trying to take the club he captained down and I can't and won't forget.
Fair enough, I'm not really fazed either way.

Wouldn't it be good if he jumps ship after offering his services to Fifita, and instead takes piakura and Riki under his wing.
The guys been a knob but he was a hell of player.
I don't see Tallis knocking the Broncos now that everything he's been calling for is happening. I'm not going to knock him for having a problem with White and Seibold. But the two players I think would benefit most are TPJ and Payne.

TPJ because he's a similar player who hasn't been able to find the balance between menace and breaking the rules; and Haas because he's not at all like Tallis, but could improve by being more like him.

TPJ who has been so nobbled by serial suspensions (in my opinion, unfairly) he's been neutered in defence, needs to learn how to ride the line. Haas might have Petero's work ethic, but lacks the passion needed to bully his opponents, and offers little in attack. I'd like to see him hit the line at full tilt and pop an arm out once in a while. Tallis could teach him that. If only there were someone to follow him. Hello Anthony Milford. Wake up, son.

Tallis can go jump. I doubt the silly **** knows how to though.

Unread

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Battler
  • Mustafur
  • Allo
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • Organix
  • ThomasovPreaf
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.