The Lions days are numbered

Qld wasn't ready for two clubs as we don't have the player pools of the southern and Western States, poor management by the afl BUT at least they want to expand and progress, unlike our Sydneycentric governing body.

Qld wasn't ready for two clubs as we don't have the player pools of the southern and Western States, poor management by the afl BUT at least they want to expand and progress, unlike our Sydneycentric governing body.

Player pools have nothing to do with the Lions issues. They are broke and have been run into the ground. They bottomed out when all the draft concessions went to the new teams as well which means they missed out on the topline talent needed to rebuild a team.

They has their share of juniors who were starting to come good but all wanted to return home, hence why we are rebuilding again this year. But I am not saying this is the only reason the Lions are struggling if you note my post earlier in this thread, I'm saying that's the reason Qld wasn't ready for two afl sides.

Those players leaving hurt but the Lions have a much deeper issues. I understand what you are saying about QLD not developing enough talent for a 2nd team but that is the pain the AFL are willing to deal with to get 18 teams and a bigger tv deal.

Active Now

• Lozza
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncosgirl
  • ivanhungryjak
  • cento
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Dash
  • Fozz
  • RolledOates
  • Foordy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncos4life
  • BroncosAlways
  • Wolfie
  • Harry Sack
  • Fitzy
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.