The media at it again

Have heard stories about Gordy. He loves attention. Is known to pull out the "do you know who I am" crap.
Sam Backo rang our business once and was speaking to my wife about some work and asked her that question and she said no. He hung up and didn’t call back. When I told her who he was she was glad he bailed. Footballers don’t impress her much and we were flat out and she was in no mood to take on a needy client.

I agree with this. Further to this I have an issue with his media cronies not checking him on his bullshit. I get that they are all mates but seriously you are meant to be journalists. You can still be mates but also say “hang on Gordie, those are big claims. Name names or don’t through this slanderous stuff out”. It just confirms that even people like Yvonne have absolutely no integrity. I have lost all respect for her in particular because I honestly thought she had integrity.
What did Vonny do?

Sam Backo rang our business once and was speaking to my wife about some work and asked her that question and she said no. He hung up and didn’t call back. When I told her who he was she was glad he bailed. Footballers don’t impress her much and we were flat out and she was in no mood to take on a needy client.
The same guy who told me about Tallis reckons Ben Elias was even worse.

I agree with this. Further to this I have an issue with his media cronies not checking him on his bullshit. I get that they are all mates but seriously you are meant to be journalists. You can still be mates but also say “hang on Gordie, those are big claims. Name names or don’t through this slanderous stuff out”. It just confirms that even people like Yvonne have absolutely no integrity. I have lost all respect for her in particular because I honestly thought she had integrity.

Perhaps she could have done better, but it's not like she played yes sir no sir 3 bags full sir

When Tallis brought up Roberts being carried out of the party, she called him on it and said "Are you claiming you've never been passed out drunk lout at a party" or words to that effect

When he dodged that with some attempted humour, she said "Oh so it's alright if you've won a premiership then?"

I thought it took courage

Well done to her

Perhaps she could have done better, but it's not like she played yes sir no sir 3 bags full sir

When Tallis brought up Roberts being carried out of the party, she called him on it and said "Are you claiming you've never been passed out drunk lout at a party" or words to that effect

When he dodged that with some attempted humour, she said "Oh so it's alright if you've won a premiership then?"

I thought it took courage

Well done to her

Your right. I watched it again and I admit I got her wrong. I was too pissed off the first time I watched it. Credit to her to standing up to a bully like Tallis. Yes Gordon, I said bully, we all have stories mate.

Tallis seems like a real 'do as I say, not as I do' kind of bloke.

I want to see the posts by those 2 after we were 3/7 last year with a much easier draw and a more senior squad. Bet there aren't any lol their bias is unbelievable.. The coach swap may or not work but it wasn't working how it was and ffs it has been 4 games haha give it a chance

Ok, I have layed off getting stuck into Seibold and Nikorima today but I will be watching tonight's proceedings with great interest. If the human potato derps it up again tonite and is selected again on Tuesday, I am gonna be livid.

What did Vonny do?

B4L made it quite clear what Vonnie did. She was one of those who obviously didn't stand up and say "Hang on, these are big claims dumbo, back them up or STFU on camera".

B4L made it quite clear what Vonnie did. She was one of those who obviously didn't stand up and say "Hang on, these are big claims dumbo, back them up or STFU on camera".
Pretty sure that's not what happened, and B4L already admitted it was an overreaction by himself due to his (understandble) fury at Tallis' tripe, which Vonny actually pulled him up on.

What pissed me off most in that 360 piece, was the fact that while this has been happening for years now, Kent and co. just pretended it's based on the first 4 games under Seibold.

Last edited:
Ok, I have layed off getting stuck into Seibold and Nikorima today but I will be watching tonight's proceedings with great interest. If the human potato derps it up again tonite and is selected again on Tuesday, I am gonna be livid.
Honest question, what's the point of getting livid on here if players you don't like are picked? It's not like Seibold is gunna read the forum, slap his forehead and exclaim "**** me drunk, a bloke who can organise and kick at halfback, now why didn't I think of that!?"

Honest question, what's the point of getting livid on here if players you don't like are picked? It's not like Seibold is gunna read the forum, slap his forehead and exclaim "**** me drunk, a bloke who can organise and kick at halfback, now why didn't I think of that!?"

But if we didn't, we would lose a lot of discussion ;-)

Pretty sure that's not what happened, and B4L already admitted it was an overreaction by himself due to his (understandble) fury at Tallis' tripe, which Vonny actually pulled him up on.

What pissed me off most in that 360 piece, was the fact that while this has been happening for years now, Kent and co. just pretended it's based on the first 4 games under Seibold.

One thing that pissed me off was the Raging Fool last night repeatedly saying that Seibold has said that he needs 5 years to win a premiership (and him not being called on it by Keeeennnntttt or Vonny). I do not recall any press conference where Seibold has said it will be 5 years or that a major rebuild is required. He dribbles shit and makes stuff up.

I’m waiting for one of these journos to take it to Tallis, “Hey Gorden, tell us about 1999. You were an integral part of a team of big names led by Kevin Walters and you started the year 2 from 10. Was it a case of big heads that year, of not respecting those who went before you, or were you just not committed? What was the real story, Gorden?”

I’m waiting for one of these journos to take it to Tallis, “Hey Gorden, tell us about 1999. You were an integral part of a team of big names led by Kevin Walters and you started the year 2 from 10. Was it a case of big heads that year, of not respecting those who went before you, or were you just not committed? What was the real story, Gorden?”

No doubt Wayne Bennett's fault.

Been thinking exactly this. Wankers have short memories.

If you have a twitter account, tweet that at him.

I believe the reason given for our disastrous start to 1999 was complacency. Most of the squad were involved in the Broncos winning the premiership, QLD winning the Origin series and Australia winning a Test series the previous year.

He alludes to it with this comment:

We left Auckland on a high. Wayne and Alfie were at the top of their games, we had the premiership and Origin safely in Queensland and were were looking forward to another clean sweep. How wrong could we be?

As you said, we had a big name team. In hindsight, was there ever any doubt we'd turn it around? We had a five game losing streak followed by an eleven match winning streak.

Comparing the 1999 side and coach to the 2019 side and coach is an exercise in futility, I think.

As for Gordie's contribution that year, here's what David Middleton had to say:

During the Brisbane Broncos' incredible year of fluctuating fortunes, second rower Gorden Tallis remained the single constant force. When the chips were down amid the worst start to a season in the club's 11 year history, Tallis was the one player who could hold his head high.

He was Queensland's most effective forward during the State of Origin series, and a player around whom the selectors built their pack for Australia's Anzac Test team to play New Zealand.

The tangible rewards of Tallis' 1999 season were considerable. He was a resounding winner of the Broncos' Player of the Year title, he was Dally M second-rower of the year and his peers voted him the hardest player to tackle and the toughest competitor in an annual poll in Rugby League Week.

Tallis bled for the jersey. I believe he has the right to criticise the club.

Further reading:
Raging Bull by Gorden Tallis with Mike Colman

Active Now

• sooticus
  • Jedhead
  • Cavalo
  • broncos4life
  • Lurker
  • Midean
  • Bucking Beads
  • BroncsNBundy
  • RolledOates
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.