The mind games begin: Stuart wants 1 win

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... 1d2xe.html

NSW coach Ricky Stuart says he is not waving the white flag before this year's State of Origin series despite offering the sobering assessment that he would be happy if the Blues won only one game.

Stuart, the last man to oversee a NSW series win, in 2005, and the state's first full-time coach, said his pessimistic outlook reflected the enormity of the task confronting his squad, rather than being a concession that Mal Meninga's Maroons are unbeatable.

''I'm not trying to disappoint the fans,'' Stuart said. ''All I'm trying to do is paint a very honest picture. No one ever puts the white flag up. You've just got to look at what has happened in the last five years. They [NSW] didn't win a game last year.
Advertisement: Story continues below

''Mal has done a tremendous job in what he's put together. It's a monumental task in regards to trying to break it down.''

Stuart said Queensland's star-studded line-up would require little motivation this year with captain Darren Lockyer to retire at the end of the season. Furthermore, two games will be played at Suncorp Stadium. ''I'd wear a series loss to get the long-term gain. If we can win one game, I'll be happy,'' Stuart said on the One HD program One Week At A Time.

Blatant attempt by Stuart to a) put complacency in QLD's minds (won't work) and b) to sting the NSW players to say "**** that, we can win".

He said the same at the sharks, worked a treat

Don't even know why he bothers with this sort of stuff... mind games don't really work anymore IMO. We all know what he's going to say to the NSW players... pretty garbage article if you ask me.

NSW to win the first game.
They will also win the series.

draggx said:
http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/state-of-origin/queensland-police-ban-ricky-stuarts-new-south-wales-blues-from-caxton-st-drive-by-ahead-of-origin-i/story-fn31yxah-1226061623028
Ricky Stuart wants the New South Wales team bus to drive through the valley of the shadow of death, otherwise known as Caxton St - but his plan to fire up his side before Origin I has been denied by Queensland Police.

Another little trick he tried.

My favourite part of the article:

Queensland authorities blocked the move because of safety fears, especially around the famous Caxton Hotel which houses hundreds of salivating and later dribbling Maroons fans on State of Origin night.

Quite piss poor that they won't let the Blues drive through there IMO.

dukey said:
draggx said:
http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/state-of-origin/queensland-police-ban-ricky-stuarts-new-south-wales-blues-from-caxton-st-drive-by-ahead-of-origin-i/story-fn31yxah-1226061623028
Ricky Stuart wants the New South Wales team bus to drive through the valley of the shadow of death, otherwise known as Caxton St - but his plan to fire up his side before Origin I has been denied by Queensland Police.

Another little trick he tried.

My favourite part of the article:

[quote:1bnws8nj]Queensland authorities blocked the move because of safety fears, especially around the famous Caxton Hotel which houses hundreds of salivating and later dribbling Maroons fans on State of Origin night.

Quite piss poor that they won't let the Blues drive through there IMO.[/quote:1bnws8nj]

Not sure they even let the Maroons drive down there either these days. Too many drunk idiots and risk of one of them ending up under the bus.

It mentions in the article that the last time they did it they had drunks laying down (Planking) infront of the bus.

I think it's fair enough that the Cops aren't letting the buses go down there. Far too many drunken idiots who could easily cause trouble.

The Rock said:
Those drunken brainless idiot redneck Queenslanders would destroy the bus I reckon. Good call by the cops. Seriously, the Caxton is the most over rated pub in this country, it has more redneck loud scum of the earth bogans than than the Rooty Hill RSL and Mt Druitt Westfields combined.

Is there a strip they can drive down in NSW for game 2? Give the players a chance to see some fans.

draggx said:
The Rock said:
Those drunken brainless idiot redneck Queenslanders would destroy the bus I reckon. Good call by the cops. Seriously, the Caxton is the most over rated pub in this country, it has more redneck loud scum of the earth bogans than than the Rooty Hill RSL and Mt Druitt Westfields combined.

Is there a strip they can drive down in NSW for game 2? Give the players a chance to see some fans.

Oxford Street. They'd be the only people who would love to get up the Blues.

The Rock said:

I think you're trying a bit too hard bro.

Well I'm not sure many people actually "rate" the Caxton in the first place, I don't even know anyone who talks it up. People just go there because it is the tradition before Origin. Personally I prefer the Hotel LA if I am drinking on Caxton st, and even that isn't great.

Scotty said:
Well I'm not sure many people actually "rate" the Caxton in the first place, I don't even know anyone who talks it up. People just go there because it is the tradition before Origin. Personally I prefer the Hotel LA if I am drinking on Caxton st, and even that isn't great.

^^ This. I rarely go to caxton street for a drink. Mainly because it's full of bogans and tryhard tossers! [icon_lol1.

Coxy said:
Scotty said:

^^ This. I rarely go to caxton street for a drink. Mainly because it's full of Queenslanders! [icon_lol1.

Fixed your typo.

dukey said:
Coxy said:
Scotty said:

^^ This. I rarely go to caxton street for a drink. Mainly because it's full of dukeys! [icon_lol1.

Fixed your typo.

Fixed your fixed typo.

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Mustafur
  • cento
  • BruiserMk1
  • Johnny92
  • bert_lifts
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Mick_Hancock
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.