NEWS The moment Capewell became a Broncos Believer

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Kurt Capewell reveals the moment that convinced him to sign with us.

“The game we played them in Brisbane (Round 6, 2021) was so tight and after that game, I thought ‘they’re not far off here’,” Capewell said. “Once they got (South Sydney playmaker Adam) Reynolds, that was a massive signing as well. I was keen to jump on board.

“Coming home and being around some family is going to be really good for me.

“They’re a great club and definitely on the up.

“They’ve got some amazing young talent so I just want to be a part of it and be a part of the journey they’re about to go on.”

Capewell felt guilt seeing our future captain return to training a month early

“I felt a bit guilty to be honest,” he said. “It felt like I was missing out.

“Pre-season is tough as it is. It’s sort of where you make those friendships and create that bond so I did feel like I was missing out a bit.

“Luckily enough, there’s an army camp coming up so I’m looking forward to it.

“My body will be right for it, I’m just looking forward to the mental challenge.”

Capewell on playing footy with his brothers and the backyard rivalries

“(My brothers) all played footy,” he said.

“I was lucky enough to play footy with Liam, my oldest brother.

“They definitely guided me along the way and there was a fair few backyard brawls.

“We’re all happily brothers, we don’t fight very often but when it comes to footy, we tend to scrap a bit.”

I look forward to hearing the commentators constantly refer to him as Luke Capewell ad nauseam during games in 2022

While we did cop a few beatings, we were very competitive against Penrith both times, probably win the first one with any sort of a half.

Nice to hear this....looks like we are coming into the new season with a different mindset to last year...

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Fozz
  • Xzei
  • FACTHUNT
  • Manofoneway
  • Fitzy
  • Culhwch
  • Aldo
  • Waynesaurus
  • Skyblues87
  • bb_gun
  • KnToad
  • Broncosgirl
  • RodF
  • Fatboy
  • MrTickyMcG
  • MrMoore
  • johnny plath
  • GCBRONCO
  • Foordy
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.