RANT The State of QLD talent in NRL

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Are we going through a Lost generation of Talent?

All the Queensland Clubs are not in the top 8(except Storm if you want to count that) and there is a massive quality difference in the Origin teams which is reflecting in the Kangaroos side.

Is this just a hangover from the golden generation of the last 15 years or do we have real problems going forward?

All the Queensland Clubs are not in the top 8(except Storm if you want to count that) and there is a massive quality difference in the Origin teams which is reflecting in the Kangaroos side.

Is this just a hangover from the golden generation of the last 15 years or do we have real problems going forward?

There's quite a bit of young talent emerging.

I think the glaring issue is the lack of centres coming through.

I've written off this years series however I think there's a good opportunity to give a few young guys a crack and see what they're made of.

Of course I have no faith in the selectors to not pick the likes of Morgan, Hess, Wallace, Norman etc but here's my 17 anyway:
1. Ponga
2. Mulitalo
3. Gagai
4. Mann
5. Feldt
6. Munster
7. DCE
8. Papalii
9. Grant
10. Collins
11. Fifita
12. Kaufusi
13. McGuire

14. Hunt
15. Arrow
16. Tino
17. Welch

Shame Horsburgh and Capewell haven't had full seasons because they'd be good additions to this side.

Brimson, Su'a and Carrigan unlucky to miss out.

Last edited:
I think the glaring issue is the lack of centres coming through.

I've written off this years series however I think there's a good opportunity to give a few young guys a crack and see what they're made of.

Of course I have no faith in the selectors to not pick the likes of Morgan, Hess, Wallace, Norman etc but here's my 17 anyway:
1. Ponga
2. Mulitalo
3. Gagai
4. Mann
5. Feldt
6. Munster
7. DCE
8. Papalii
9. Grant
10. Collins
11. Fifita
12. Kaufusi
13. McGuire

14. Hunt
15. Arrow
16. Tino
17. Welch

Shame Horsburgh and Capewell haven't had full seasons because they'd be good additions to this side.

Brimson, Su'a and Carrigan unlucky to miss out.

WTF!!!

The biggest problem for Qld is that only the Cowboys consistently recruit from Qld. The Titans got shafted with Brennan and his merry band of Flogs from the Panthers and are only recently looking and utilising players from closer to home.The Broncos we basket hiress have been NSW or NZ plodders over Qldrs (Jamil Hopoate, Kennedy, Arthurs). The players we do bring in to our team we don't give much chance or training to actually do well (I know I am not giving Jamil and co much chance here either). Also players like Capewell, Parcell and more recently Reece Hoffman have gone down to Sydney clubs to get stuck in their development systems.

Last edited:

Yep....and been coming now for some time. Who is gonna be the next Wally, Afie, Lockyer or JT.....or Cam Smith??
Don't go saying Ponga or Cameron Munster.......they aint in the same league.

Dark days ahead for QLD.........

Active Now

• Browny
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • RolledOates
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.