NEWS The Third Coming of Wayne Bennett

New CEO Duncan Donuts isn't ruling out the third coming of Wayne Bennett possibly as coaching director or culture boss. And the players are right behind him. Not only that but the Voice of Brisbane claims it can name more than 10 players who've told their managers they'd switch to Brisbane‘s second team if Bennett is coach. For now, it's keeping those names a big secret, but let's hear what these Broncos have to say:

Corey Oates

“If Wayne was to come back it’d be awesome. Everyone would think the same thing. Wayne’s name speaks for itself. I know it was tough when he left in 2018, but that’s not on us, it was with everyone upstairs. Personally, as a player, I get along well with him. I really enjoyed having him here and everything I learned from him.

“It’s just his experience, knowledge and history he has with the club. That’s what the Broncos have been missing. With ‘Kevvie’ the passion has come back. They’d be a great combination together.”

Screenwayne bennett

Still has it

Matt Lodge:

“He is still one of the best mentors in the game. He made me feel like I would run through a brick wall for him so he clearly does something right. I don’t know it would work with two people running the show, but I’ve always respected Wayne and he did a lot for me. The older I get, the more I appreciate what he did for me letting me come back to the game at the Broncos. I definitely felt the love when he was here, he stuck up for me a lot, whether that was media criticism or the off-field stuff I was going through."

“We definitely have that connection where I played for him and played hard for him. He would be a great person for some of the young guys we have here. I don’t know who runs the show or does what, but if Wayne came back to help Walters, I guess the Broncos have to put that business plan together.”

Tevita Pangai Jnr :

“I’m really close to Wayne. We still keep in contact, he has always been a great mentor for me. Kevvie is doing a great job here and he reminds me a lot of Wayne in the way he treats people. Kevvie is getting the best out of me. Even though some results haven‘t gone our way, he is holding me accountable.”

Payne Haas:

“Wayne brought me to the Broncos and he has been a massive influence on my career. My dad actually wanted me to go to Melbourne, I was about to sign on the dotted line, but I got a call from Wayne at the last minute and he brought me to the Broncos and I haven’t looked back since. If he came back, it would be pretty cool, I know several of the boys would love to have Wayne back around, but we‘ll see what happens.”

Tom Flegler:

“His resume speaks for itself. I haven’t heard a single thing about Bennett returning, I find out most things through the media (such as the articles penned by award winning senior sports writer Peter Badel), but it would be great to have him back. Look at what he has done. He is a great coach and I’d love to play under him.”

McHunt

I will be surprised if pangai takes the field. Went off twice clutching his knee after trying to play on and was already a risk and non-important player as he is in a gf

Predictable as **** but still eaten up by the media.

That’s the part that absolutely amazes me.
It’s not really surprising at all though, is it.

The media quite literally have to write articles every day, so Bennett gives it to them on a platter.

The media get what they want (gossip that almost writes itself, which equals revenue), and Bennett gets what he wants (to control the narrative).

Everyone wins.

Every team Bennett has left, has had to fight a monumental uphill battle to get back to being a finals team, just shows he is doing a bit of undermining himself.
Souths will be in shambles once he leaves. Retirement contracts for everyone.

Wayne should really retire if he wins the premiership. Then he can keep that little smirk on his face forever.
Can't see why. Age shouldn't be considered. Maybe he wants to win this gf and then take a fourth club to another? Age is irrelevant. If you can do the job then you're young enough!!

Can't see why. Age shouldn't be considered. Maybe he wants to win this gf and then take a fourth club to another? Age is irrelevant. If you can do the job then you're young enough!!
Already done 4 my man, 5 is the next goal.

Souths will be in shambles once he leaves. Retirement contracts for everyone.

They will be where we were, an outstanding 5/8 with nobody beside him to control the game. They are sweating hard on one their young kids to step in and be the game controller, it rarely ever happens. Nathan Cleary is the only one I can remember in recent times who stepped into the halves and took control of the game.

I'm not talking about the magical passes that Sam Walker does, I am talking about just general kicking and game control, they have no idea what they are losing. The way Reynolds digs into the line before throwing the 2nd man pass that sets them up perfectly for a sweeping play.. that play goes to shit real quick if the halfback doesn't straighten the attack and engage the defence.

They will be where we were, an outstanding 5/8 with nobody beside him to control the game. They are sweating hard on one their young kids to step in and be the game controller, it rarely ever happens. Nathan Cleary is the only one I can remember in recent times who stepped into the halves and took control of the game.

I'm not talking about the magical passes that Sam Walker does, I am talking about just general kicking and game control, they have no idea what they are losing. The way Reynolds digs into the line before throwing the 2nd man pass that sets them up perfectly for a sweeping play.. that play goes to shit real quick if the halfback doesn't straighten the attack and engage the defence.
dw they got miflord

Will they care if they win a premiership?

Dragons fans said the same thing mate, at the time.. no, they don't care.

They still haven't recovered though, Newcastle same boat. Even ourselves, things look promising but we are still recovering.

He signs blokes for lucrative deals which are great while he is there but then he leaves and they're still on lucrative deals and the other players in the club are looking at the bloke thinking "how the fk are you earning that much?".

Lodge, TPJ, Milford, case and point.

Today's Badel article quotes current board member Tony Joseph as saying that he wanted to keep Bennett, but the other board members wouldn't listen to him (said Bennett was dealing with others at the club ... "Broncos in Crisis" article incoming in 3, 2, 1

anyway Tony Joseph says:

“I have always thought Wayne was a wonderful coach,” Joseph said.

“I was really disappointed at the time when he left the Broncos.

“My disappointment wasn’t being heard at the time, Wayne was dealing with other people at the club.

“I’m really pleased he’s made the grand final. I think it’s fabulous.

“There will be no-one happier than myself to see him go all the way.

“I really mean that.”

“I don’t think Souths are the outsiders because Wayne is such an extraordinary coach,” said Joseph, who will depart Brisbane’s board next month after a decade’s service.

“He is a very good man mentor and will have every one of those players playing the way he wants them to play on the night.

“You’ve seen how Cody Walker (Souths five-eighth) performed. Cody is a great footballer, but Wayne can get that little bit extra out of him. It’s the same with the young fullback (Blake Taaffe).

“That is Wayne as a mentor to every one of those players.

“When it comes to the grand final, Wayne will have his polish all over those kids. It will be a great grand final.

“I will be supporting Wayne and I hope he can win a grand final with that team.”

Dragons fans said the same thing mate, at the time.. no, they don't care.

They still haven't recovered though, Newcastle same boat. Even ourselves, things look promising but we are still recovering.

He signs blokes for lucrative deals which are great while he is there but then he leaves and they're still on lucrative deals and the other players in the club are looking at the bloke thinking "how the fk are you earning that much?".

Lodge, TPJ, Milford, case and point.
Did he sign 17 10 year deals?

I can’t see Wayne losing two grand finals in a row. **** he should have won 2015 anyway 😭😭

Did he sign 17 10 year deals?
It's impossible to make some people think things through. The bright sparks who start from the viewpoint 'I hate WB' will cling to any theory which casts WB in a bad light. Things like the lie that WB leaves clubs worse off, WB has a massive ego, WB is only in it for the money, WB thinks he's bigger than the game itself.

Active Now

• Bish
  • Harry Sack
  • Sproj
  • Mustafur
  • Johnny92
  • Skyblues87
  • big k
  • Foordy
  • Galah
  • BroncoFan94
  • Culhwch
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • Matheos
  • bb_gun
  • BruiserMk1
  • Organix
  • BroncosAlways
  • Jazza
  • GCBRONCO
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.