These Knights are one of the worst NRL teams I've seen

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Apart from Gagai and Mata'utai their backline have nothing and leak points on the wings like crazy, their halves provide squat and none of their forwards apart from Korbin Sims (at times) really make the advantage line. They now have conceded 491 points in 13 games and have conceded 50 points or more on 3 occasions 2 of them being at home. They have also scored the 2nd least amount of points only ahead of the Dragons who at least back themselves defensively. Their points difference is now -329.

I'm starting to wonder if these Knights are the worst NRL team I've seen. Only the Rabbitohs of 2002-2006 come to mind as they were a team in the era of black and white TV being run in the 21st century. They were flogged in every game almost from memory.

If we're sticking to the modern era and not including years like Eastern Suburbs 1966 (0-18) or University 1935 (0-16) then I still think Western Suburbs 1999 is the worst. They conceded more points than any other side in the history of the competition at 944. Newcastle have conceded 491 after 14 games, an average of 35 points a game. If they continue to concede points at that rate, they will still be ahead of Wests but 841 points will be the second worst defensive season since Penrith in 2001. Even so, Penrith still managed to win 7 games and score 521 points. At the rate Newcastle are going, they will be F: 272 A: 841 giving them a -569 differential. That will give them the second worst differential behind Wests 1999 (-659).

It's worth noting that Wests were 3-21, so if Newcastle fail to win a game from here on their 1-1-22 record may put them ahead.

For kicks, the Western Suburbs 1999 side picked via most used players by position.

1. Brett Hodgson
2. Barry Davis
3. Kevin McGuiness
4. Justin Brooker
5. Jared Mills
6. Leo Dynevor
7. Dane Dorahy
8. Harvey Howard
9. Ciriaco Mescia
10. John Skandalis
11. Matthew Fuller
12. Michael Brabek
13. Steve Georgallis
14. Scott Coxon
15. Dayle Bonner
16. Matthew Spence
17. Tate Moseley

Notable Omissions: Andrew Leeds, Shane Perry, Darren Fritz and Ken McGuiness.

You know a team is bad when the coach is able to pick his son (Lincoln Raudonikis) and get away with it.

I was going to say Wests with Tommy Ridiculous and his very special son were the one of the worst I've ever seen.....all except for the incredible Harvey Howard, a total machine and one of the best pommies I've ever seen.

Active Now

• john1420
  • Alec
  • Big Del
  • Morkel
  • mrslong
  • Kev_Guz
  • Fitzy
  • bazza
  • broncsgoat
  • Gaz
  • Financeguy
  • Skyblues87
  • Mister Wright
  • bb_gun
  • Fozz
  • Manifesto
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.