Time to talk Glenn

Broncapz

Broncapz

NRL Player
May 1, 2016
Should Glenn still have a place in our 17?

Is Glenn still the right man to lead us to 15th place bn 2021?

No and no. He, like Boyd, should have retired two or three years before they did/will. Glenn would struggle in Q Cup.

Glenn needs to dig deep to change things. He was a fantastic back rower/utility until about 2 years ago. On current performances, he needs to hang up the boots this year.

If hes not physically capable of making an impact and is still selected, he needs to be the second coach - out on field barking and man managing the team in games.

Nothing to talk about with him imo.. he’s in full self-preservation mode (ie, he’s gone ‘Darius’ ) and he’ll be outa here once this throwaway season from hell Mark II is finished.. like last year, our roster is so pathetic that we literally just need bodies to fill out a XIII for us every weekend..

Hmmm gee not sure if anyone can say one set like he does. The team would be lost.

Sorry Lexy *wipes away a tear* but...........................your out dude!

Glen has been a good servant for the club, but if he stays on next year, he shouldn't remain the captain. Maybe playing a role off the bench. Michael Hancock did similar at the end of his career.

I wouldn't make Reynolds captain either. He's going to be under enough pressure just being the halfback and big signing at the moment. The journos will eat him alive if he's also captain and it doesn't improve overnight. (which it probably won't) That doesn't mean they shouldn't be in the leadership group though. He definitely should be.

When the club gave him a testimonial in a trial (which we lost) before the season proper started I assumed he wouldn't see out the year. I still reckon he won't.

Being judged not good enough for this Broncos team is a bit like being dubbed the Village Idiot in a village of idiots.

Doesn't his contract expire at the end of this season ?

If so i can't see him being offered an extension.

Completely ineffective but now his reliability in defence is slipping greatly and he doesn’t seem to offer much leadership.

He’s more likeable than Darbs but they may just be because I don’t have social media, however he raises the same argument - yes this team desperately needs leadership and experience but if they are offering even less than the young inexperienced guys than it isn’t worth it.

I’m happy for him to float in and out of the team list this year because who cares anymore but I’d like to see him gone at the end of the year, and with any luck we’ll have one or two good signings who can offer leadership and experience of value.

I wouldn't make Reynolds captain either.
Except that was part of the club's offer to him. Whether they're bound by contract to honour that, or there's a time period or other condition attached to it we don't know.

Same with offering Staggs five eighth. I reckon we'll see him with 6 on his back before the season is out, but I doubt the club is obliged to guarantee him anything more than a fair crack at it.

Weakest NRL player by a mile. Deadset drops like he gets shot the moment a finger touches him. He probably couldn't break a tackle by Wayne Bennett.

**** off. No heart, no desire, was never a great player to begin with. He's went from long term average to well below average and a shit leader.

Mc Hunt, that's fair enough. I just hope Reynolds knows what he's up against. There is nowhere to hide in Brisbane. In Sydney there is nine other teams, in Brisbane there is currently one.

I personally would of preferred him as vice captain. Webkce was brilliant in that role. And I think Reynolds would of been just as good as him in it

Mc Hunt, that's fair enough. I just hope Reynolds knows what he's up against. There is nowhere to hide in Brisbane. In Sydney there is nine other teams, in Brisbane there is currently one.

I personally would of preferred him as vice captain. Webkce was brilliant in that role. And I think Reynolds would of been just as good as him in it
Reynold's a veteran, he knows exactly what he was getting into. It's not like he signed with us on a high, we've been shit for 18 months. He is obviously taking this on as a challenge and I have nothing but respect for the man to want to take that on. You need a special winners attitude to take the obviously harder job with a view to turning it around.

He'll be our captain and there won't be a better candidate.

We're don't do vice captains at Brisbane. Karmichael Hunt is captain of vice, though.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • The True King
  • Mr Fourex
  • Financeguy
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Alec
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Fozz
  • Broncosgirl
  • Wolfie
  • Santa
  • Jazza
  • Bucking Beads
  • Sproj
  • Painin the Haas
  • Culhwch
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.