Tom Dearden Discussion

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Good luck, kid. Debuts don't come any tougher than this.

The future begins today.

The long awaited next D Lockyer.

how about we just call him the first Tom Dearden ... the kid will be under enough pressure without comparing him to the Football God

That’s why I didn’t say the name. D could be anyone

Really looking for to seeing him play at this level.

Well young fella, you made it. No, not making the team I mean you got your own thread on BHQ!

You were advised not to read this I'm sure but it's safe enough if you follow a few simple guidelines. Skip lightly through most of the praise and do the same with the inevitable condemnations. They are two sides of the same coin. You won't please everyone so **** trying. Be the best Dearden, not the next Langer or Lockyer. Stay humble and don't ever Mundine it. When dealing with the media adopt Lockyer, Walters, Civo and Langer style humility and we'll support you every step of the way. Be brave tomorrow night and give it everything, you only get one debut.

Don't keep anything in reserve.

Last edited:
Well young fella, you made it. No, not making the team I mean you got your own thread on BHQ!

You were advised not to read this I'm sure but it's safe enough if you follow a few simple guidelines. Skip lightly through most of the praise and do the same with the inevitable condemnations. They are two sides of the same coin. You won't please everyone so **** trying. Be the best Dearden, not the next Langer or Lockyer. Stay humble and don't ever Mundine it. When dealing with the media adopt Lockyer, Walters, Civo and Langer style humility and we'll support you every step of the way. Be brave tomorrow night and give it everything, you only get one debut.

Don't keep anything in reserve.

I'll be happy if he can stay uninjured this game.

Well well well.

I was lambasted by a few on here only 3 weeks ago for suggesting he could possibly be selected. It was actually quite vitriolic from a particular poster who heavily insinuated I was stupid. Thanks Tommy, I feel vindicated. Now go out there and do us proud.

I'm a bit out of the loop these days - is the hype around this kid warranted?

I don't think we can really get a good read on halves until they reach their early 20, but the club certainly seems to really rate something about him.

This is what most if not all of us have been wishing and hoping for.

A brand new halves pairing. Milford and Deardon.

Let's hope to the rugby league Gods this kid is the game manager we need with a terrific kicking game, superb game awareness and a tremendous passing game and solid defense. Also, confidence.

Let's go!

I'm a bit out of the loop these days - is the hype around this kid warranted?
Well yes, the hypes shit as always. From what our keener students say and the clubs actions combined with a few wraps from lower grade coaches we'd have to conclude he's got tremendous potential. I think this may be a debut to remember and for all the right reasons. Imagine the meltdown and jizzfest should he have a blinder and we smack Souths. The Courier Pigeon will proclaim THE NEXT ALFIE.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Big Del
  • the_next
  • GCBRONCO
  • Galah
  • Wolfie
  • mitch222
  • Fitzy
  • Mister Wright
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • The True King
  • Jazza
  • Bucking Beads
  • thenry
  • Culhwch
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Wild Horse
  • bert_lifts
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.