NEWS Tony Joseph departs

Produce market magnate Tony Joseph, the Broncos longest serving board member, is about to announce his departure. Joseph, who this year was made a member of the Order of Australia (General Division), has been involved the Broncos since day one. His cash helped bankroll the club's current $27 million headquarters at Red Hill.

74aca5b3bb202fe9a27aa30bb0a18f02

Thanks for all the fish

McHunt

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I don’t know much about the guy but might be a careful what you wish for situation. Everyone wanted the board to be cleared out but if you only got to
pick one to leave, it probably wouldn’t be the billionaire who’s been at the club since it’s inception.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
This could go either way. I get the feeling it is DD clearing the decks to bring in his own people. We can only hope it's the right ones. Sorry Locky I love you but you should go too.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
Thanks for the new headquarters I guess.

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
This could go either way. I get the feeling it is DD clearing the decks to bring in his own people. We can only hope it's the right ones. Sorry Locky I love you but you should go too.
Dave Donaghy doesn't choose the board, that's not how a board works. It's the other way around.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
Never heard of him. I wonder if this guy is fleeing the sinking ship like white did? Something about smokin joe’s things wil get worse remark springs to mind.

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
Morris and Nolan need to be removed before we move forward.
Again, just to be crystal clear, only one of these guys (Nolan) is a paid staff member who can be hired and fired by the CEO at any stage for non-performance .

The other guy (Morris) is an elected Board Member, he's the Chairman in fact, of an ASX listed company and he's only able to be removed by the shareholders themselves, the only one of which who has enough shares to matter in this instance is News Ltd themselves who are the one's that put him there in the first place. He's literally their man on the board.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Again, just to be crystal clear, only one of these guys (Nolan) is a paid staff member who can be hired and fired by the CEO at any stage for non-performance .

The other the guy (Morris) is an elected Board Member, he's the Chairman in fact, of an ASX listed company and he's only able to be removed by the shareholders themselves, the only one of which who has enough shares to matter in this instance is News Ltd themselves who are the one's that put him there in the first place. He's literally their man on the board.
Yeah, I'm not talking about what our Ceo can actually do, but these people have to be outed in this club is all I was saying.

Skyblues87

Skyblues87

QCup Player
Feb 9, 2017
I would say Nolan being given the flick is a certainty.

T

Thelmus

NRL Player
Apr 19, 2016
It may be he just has decided to slow down 30+ years is a fair wack. I don't know how old is but I'd be surprised if he isnt pushing past 60.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Does Nolan need to be replaced or does he need to be demoted / given help? I've been thinking about this because there is no doubt we are pumping talent out but somewhere along the line, they are failing to progress / not being retained early enough before they get stupid offers. So this retention part, who is the most responsible for that? Is it Nolan or other? That is the person most in need of urgent replacement.

Unread

Active Now

• Mister Wright
  • the_next
  • Sproj
  • Brocko
  • Manofoneway
  • Santa
  • Howie
  • Painin the Haas
  • Stix
  • Allo
  • Wolfie
  • leon.bott
  • TimWhatley
  • Skathen
  • Galah
  • Behold
  • Cavalo
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.