Tour De France 2008

Fantastic night for Cadel. Didn't lose time on any of the big guns, and he descended like a demon to drop Menchov from his group and a further 30 seconds behind!

I don't understand why CSC didn't go for all out attack last night, Frank Schleck will need a good minute on him before the time trial and i just dont know if he can put that sort of time on him over the one remaining mountain stage tonight. Will be fantastic viewing to see the tactics of CSC.

If you told Cadel going into the last mountain stage he would only be 8 seconds behind the yellow jersey, with Menchov now seemingly out of contention, with no other notable time trialers near, he would be stoked.

Tonight will be a cracker! 210k with 2 massive climbs, there will be pain dished out. Will Easily be the best stage yet, i can't wait!

It was strange not to see CSC attack Cadel and others last night, but I think they realised they had bigger fish to fry tonight on the stage to Alp'duez!

I expect all out attacks from CSC tonight, mainly from Voigt, the Schlecks and Sastre.

If Cadel can lose no more than 1min 30secs on tonights stage I think he is a special to win the tour. If he doesnt lose time for whatever reason (CSC's silly tactics or inability to drop Cadel) then I have no doubt he will win the tour in the time trial

The Rock said:
Why do these idiots get busted?

I'm not sure if you're actually asking, or just taking the opportunity to call them idiots, but I learnt this the other day so i'll answer anyway [icon_wink

The drug companies (who develop these drugs legally for medical conditions) are now working with anti-doping bodies to develop tests for the drugs they create, to help catch the cheats. One of them actually planted a molecule in the drug which could be picked up by the testers.

The guy who was caught most recently was taking the 3rd generation of a particular drug, and only a test for the 1st generation was on record with the world anti-doping agency, so he thought there was no test for this one. Unlucky for him.

Well Cadel is 1.34 behind the new yellow jersey holder Sastre after he sensationally attacked the Alpe Duez. His lack of team support really showed here as he struggled to bridge the gap, Cadel had to do the donkey work himself and in the end pulled back about 20 seconds from Sastre.

IMO there's nothing in it now... We all know Cadel can ride a super time trial, but id probably still have Sastre the slight favorite.

Well he's off and running now.

Cadel didnt look comfortable at all during the time trial, that is why he only took 29 secs of Sastre's lead of 1min 34!

Its disappointing that he couldnt do what he needed. On a positive note he will be finishing 2nd again.

I think the chase of Sastre on the Alp is what killed his tour chances

Unread

Active Now

• Foordy
  • eazy-duzzit
  • BroncosAlways
  • Fitzy
  • broncsgoat
  • Galah
  • Dash
  • Aldo
  • Fozz
  • ostin86
  • marw
  • bb_gun
  • Fatboy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Bish
  • Johnny92
  • Old Mate
  • The Don
  • Broncosarethebest
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.