NEWS TPJ is A-OK

Brisbane's finest, Tevita Pangai Jr has found a mentor and kindred spirit in cross code superstar Sonny Bill Williams, who he met through his training buddy Quade Cooper. Williams contacted Pangai after he was stood down late last season, to offer advice and support. TPJ is in a good place:

"Obviously what I did was wrong last year with breaching protocol. Not only that, it was a good time to self-reflect on my first five years in the NRL and some of the dumb things I did on the field."

"I'm just trying to hang out with good people. I got close to Sonny, Sonny's been helping me a lot off the field. Footy comes naturally to me but the big thing is Monday to Thursday. He's a family man, he had troubles early in his career but he's the perfect example that you can get yourself out of it."

BHQ Best 8

"People can change. That's what the game's built on, second chances, and I'm just thankful for Peter V'landys and the board up here giving me a second chance. It's pretty hard to get me out of Brisbane, I love being in Brisbane, I love the club, I fought hard to stay. I'm thankful to the club – Karl Morris, Anthony Joseph and all those guys, I'm really thankful to them for giving me a second chance."

"I just go out there and make my tackles and be aggressive with the ball. Do all the little things, not going out there and trying to take someone's head off. Do all the little things in defence, stay in the line, all the little things defensive coach Matt Gillett is trying to work with me on. I'm pretty happy there, I've been playing there with the injuries but I like the battles I can have out there with Viliame Kikau, Fifita, that kind of stuff. They're trying to speed up the game but there's nothing better than a couple of heavyweights going at it."

McHunt

Love TPJ. Especially the version we’re seeing this year. Haas is great obviously but I think TPJ has been our best. He’s a freak and he’s completely dominated 2 of the so called best players in his position - Kikau and Fifita.

He’s must be becoming a guy that other teams forwards don’t like seeing on our team sheet.

He’s always talked passionately about the club, except during the worst of the Seibold days.

If he keeps building on his game he must be a legit contender for best second rower in the game.

Wonder if uncle Nick put SBW up to ringing TPJ to ensure he has a direct line to him when it comes contract time. I do hope Tevita is serious about wanting to stay in Brisbane.

Excellent turnaround after last year, has put his head down and been in the best form of his career.

Has to be one of the best ball playing forwards in the game, he is getting awfully close to being as good as Haas overall, his best is better but his worst can be still quite average.

If he keeps his shit together, he can be the best back rower going around. He's got everything you could want in an edge forward, and I certainly know who I'd prefer between him and Fifita. I am so looking forward to see him at his best this year.

Excellent turnaround after last year, has put his head down and been in the best form of his career.

Has to be one of the best ball playing forwards in the game, he is getting awfully close to being as good as Haas overall, his best is better but his worst can be still quite average.
I wouldn't knock Haas. To me we are seeing the dawn of our greatest front rower (the blokes an absolute machine) if he keeps his head down.
Tevita is a different type of player though. He can offload with 5 players on him, throw cut out passes to wingers and bamboozle defences. He coasted a couple of times against the cowboys with some of those 1 percenters, but he is getting better. That steal he did on the line was truly indicative of his hunger and passion.
He may become one of our greatest forwards too. Only time and maturity will tell.

Wonder if uncle Nick put SBW up to ringing TPJ to ensure he has a direct line to him when it comes contract time. I do hope Tevita is serious about wanting to stay in Brisbane.
I hope his wake up call last season may have also made it obvious to him that if he’s barely keeping himself out of trouble in Brisbane, Sydney would be a disaster

He seems to have reigned in his ego which was overinflated after that one good game against Taumalolo. As long as he can channel his aggression correctly, he can become anything, not just an X factor.

for mine...this is how you get top dollar from Brisbane if you are a forward. Thorugh effort and sutained improvement both on and off the field.

He and Haas should be our higest paid forwards now. The rest can fight for whats left.

But for now, they represent the best valued contracts at the club for mine...

for mine...this is how you get top dollar from Brisbane if you are a forward. Thorugh effort and sutained improvement both on and off the field.

He and Haas should be our higest paid forwards now. The rest can fight for whats left.

But for now, they represent the best valued contracts at the club for mine...
There's probably a fair argument to be made that Haas has the single best value contract in the entire NRL from a club's perspective.

Active Now

• Manifesto
  • Aldo
  • sooticus
  • Xzei
  • lynx000
  • broncsgoat
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.