TPJ, McCullough, Isaako future

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
I think you will all agree with me that these players have all been quite underwhelming the first half of the season.

My question to you is whether or not they should be in the starting 17 in the future? why? and who should be there replacement

TPJ on the bench, Isaako stays and Macca for Segeyaro

Macca is apparently taking up his one year option. That’s next year done and dusted.

TPJ is a must. Isaako is a maybe. Macca can **** off.

Isaako to be replaced by either Coates or Farnworth. We have goal kickers in the side. The only thing that would make me want to keep Isaako in the side is the fact that he is the best goal kicker we have and in a competition that's so close, a clutch goal kicker is pretty important.

But if he continues to stink it up and does not get his 2018 form back, I think he should go.

Macca is apparently taking up his one year option. That’s next year done and dusted.
I saw that too but there has been no talk of it since.... but if he was to go the broncos would be in a great place cap wise..... doesn't matter anyway we can just use the roosters method....CHEAT
[automerge]1560245718[/automerge]
TPJ is a must. Isaako is a maybe. Macca can **** off.

Isaako to be replaced by either Coates or Farnworth. We have goal kickers in the side. The only thing that would make me want to keep Isaako in the side is the fact that he is the best goal kicker we have and in a competition that's so close, a clutch goal kicker is pretty important.

But if he continues to stink it up and does not get his 2018 form back, I think he should go.
agreed... I reckon Farnworth over Coates though.... plus Farnworth is a handy kicker

Last edited:
I saw that too but there has been no talk of it since.... but if he was to go the broncos would be in a great place cap wise..... doesn't matter anyway we can just use the roosters method....CHEAT

agreed... I reckon Farnworth over Coates though.... plus Farnworth is a handy kicker

It sounds like he's digging his heels in. If we lose ANOTHER good hooker (Granville was fantastic in 2015, he's been average ever since then but losing him probably cost us the comp ironically enough. Parcell would have been good too if he was serious about footy) because of Macca he will have to live with the knowledge that he's destroyed about 15 years of success for the club he apparently loves.

Don't expect this to happen, but I'd like to see Seibs bring Macca on as a sub for someone other than Turpin, and see how he goes defending in another position.

Regardless what Macca does we need to re-sign Turpin and the 9 is his. If Macca is happy to play Q-Cup for a year that is on him, but he will only get a run if Turpin is out.

Don't expect this to happen, but I'd like to see Seibs bring Macca on as a sub for someone other than Turpin, and see how he goes defending in another position.
that won't happen cause at the end of the day he will have to attack in that position as well, and he has no speed, size (if put in the forwards) or versatility

Last edited:

I think Coates to could jump Farnworth in the queue, he is a special talent.

Isaako has been disappointing, i am not sure if it is a confidence issue or what. He has shown last year that he can be solid winger and i think he can re-obtain that. Whether he needs some time in the lower grades to refocus on the basics or even perhaps see a sport psychologist to address the second year syndrome. He is only young and may take time to mature. I would be sticking with him.

Macca, no. His issue isnt consistency or something that can be improved with time. His only real use to the first grade squad would be back up and providing a good example of effort at training.

TPJ i could take or leave. If he has an inflated sense of his value, i would rather upgrade some other kids i.e. fifita, who is already more consistent.

an addition to this side could be dane gagai..... recent reports say he is unhappy at wing at the bunnies and wants to move.....personally i don't believe shibasaki is quite ready to be the starting centre and i believe gagai would be a great pick up... as well as potential replacement for boyd when retires and then shibasaki can move to the centres full time

Last edited:
Isaako deserves more time

TPJ needs another manager

Macca's future isnt here anymore...
[automerge]1560248107[/automerge]
an addition to this side could be dane gagai..... recent reports say he is unhappy at wing at the bunnies and wants to move.....personally i don't believe shibasaki is quite ready to be the starting centre and i believe gagai would be a great pick up... as well as potential replacement for boyd when retires and then shibasaki can move to the centres full time

not a fan of this I'm afraid....while ever Valentine Holmes is "potentially" available id make him my top left field acquisition..

Last edited:

It's a no from me.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Tim K
  • Bish
  • Fatboy
  • Santa
  • broncsgoat
  • TimWhatley
  • FACTHUNT
  • Pablo
  • broncos4life
  • Financeguy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  • Tmac
  • Waynesaurus
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.