7pm — Monday February 21: Bulldogs vs Knights
6pm — Friday February 25: Sea Eagles vs Raiders
8pm — Friday February 25: Roosters vs Tigers
3pm — Saturday February 26: Warriors vs Titans
5pm — Saturday February 26: Panthers vs Eels
7pm — Saturday February 26: Rabbitohs vs Dragons
5.45pm — Sunday February 27: Storm vs Knights
7pm — Monday February 28: Sharks vs Bulldogs

I don't know about having to do everything. Milford largely handled the playmaking duties, Boyd and Turpin just had to defend. Haas, Fifita and Staggs were the main attacking threats and there were times they would do it all themselves. Case in point, Haas against Penrith.

I think the reason why Turps stood out is because he's always looking for an offload so when Pangai Jr threw that magic pass against Cronulla and he swooped on that Ofahengaue offload he really got to shine. When he plays at hooker, he's usually surrounded and the play is to spread it.

Mind you, I don't know if Haas really creates that much space for his dummy half. My recollection is that Payne's big carries are usually towards the end of set and they're usually designed to buy the halves as much time as possible, it isn't designed for Jake to engage the markers and create something out of it.

This just adds to my point lol

I know what you mean though

although Wynnum was against a depleted Qcup team that then put their BRL and development players on (according to BP in that thread).

Just on this, here was the Seagulls second half-team.

2nd Half
1. Daine Spencer 2. Josh Bowyer 3. Tom Farr 4. Sebastian Winters-Chang 5. Brandon Jackonia 6. Kyle Coghill 7. Caleb Daunt 8. Nofoasa Malutoa 9. Jayden Connors 10. Max Elliott 11. Kelepi Faukafa 12. Ethan Malt 13. James Robinson

Interchange: Felix Faatilli, Brandon Whittaker, Clayton Mack, EJ Lui

Some of those players have played QCup in the past but Elliott, Connors and at a stretch Daunt were their only QCup regulars. The rest were depth or even U/18s players like Faatilli.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Skyblues87
  • Mister Wright
  • Big Del
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.