Trial #2 Broncos vs Wynnum

I missed too much from the hill.
It was a pretty much a scratch/junior Broncos squad but Wynnum kept quite a few players out too. (Saving them for yhe ISC).

Last edited:
Hoping Broncos staff are impressed with Eden. Seems like he's pretty safe under a high ball and with the tiny amount of him I saw in the 9's he looked more dangerous than Maranta.

Wing spot maybe?

Hoping Broncos staff are impressed with Eden. Seems like he's pretty safe under a high ball and with the tiny amount of him I saw in the 9's he looked more dangerous than Maranta.

Wing spot maybe?

So long as he can catch a pass, put his foot down in open space go and stay in the goddamn field of play, give him a go. All depends on who plays centre and whether Reed is a better winger than either if Copley is preferred there.

Parcell got 40 minutes, Garbutt 65 minutes.

Both competed hard, few things didn't come off for Parcell when he came on- trying to lift the tempo, handling was poor- the team not Parcell's handling.

Parcell got 40 minutes, Garbutt 65 minutes.

Both competed hard, few things didn't come off for Parcell when he came on- trying to lift the tempo, handling was poor- the team not Parcell's handling.

Both sides seemed to be struggling with this. Thanks for the update on Parcell ,Garbutt.
The bits i did see of him he was busy tackling.

Going on the report in the CM today, Eden is not up to NRL standard

Neither is Maranta but he gets a run, it would be nice to see somebody else have a go.
It is a real problem for us as Vidot is not up NRL standard as a finisher either. It is the reason Opacic could just sneak a wing spot for the first game of the season

It is a real problem for us as Vidot is not up NRL standard as a finisher either. It is the reason Opacic could just sneak a wing spot for the first game of the season

Perhaps not as a finisher, but he at least provides value to the team in his kick returns. Maranta just seems like a placeholder until someone else comes along. I find it very difficult to believe there is nobody better in our system.

Perhaps not as a finisher, but he at least provides value to the team in his kick returns. Maranta just seems like a placeholder until someone else comes along. I find it very difficult to believe there is nobody better in our system.
Finishing is a priority for wingers.
Unfortunately I cannot think of too many in our system

Finishing is a priority for wingers.
Unfortunately I cannot think of too many in our system

100% right they are there to score tries but Vidot (to me anyway) seems to have more potential to improve in that area than Maranta and offers a lot more value with the kick returns than Maranta does with "safe hands" under the high ball.

I am sure a lot of people on this forum have waited for Maranta to gun it and go for the try line but for whatever reason the kid does not back himself. This will be his 4th year in first grade and you could not say his try scoring ability has improved but I would love to be proven wrong I have nothing against the kid.

It's concerning how were no longer producing quality wingers. The likes of Sailor, Hancock, Tuqiri etc. The last quality winger we produced was JYY

Last edited:
Bring in a Fijian winger. They know how to finish tries. I wish we'd signed Sisa Waqa instead of the Raiders.

Another good winger/fullback who hasn't really had much opportunity is Kevin Naiqama. He has been pretty unfortunate in the sense that wherever he goes he has established fullbacks and wingers playing in front of him, meaning he ends up playing second fiddle to them. Even now at the Tigers, he's been brought in as cover for the injured Nofoaluma. Naiqama was pretty damaging against Melbourne in the 2013 finals game.

Or we should go for Chanel or Sione Matautia. I don't think the Knights would let go of Sione but Chanel has been just as impressive and knows how to score tries.

BRONCOS
1. Greg Eden
2. Corey Oates
3. Jack Reed
4. Dale Copley
5. Nikau Terupe
6. Darren Nicholls
7. Ashley Taylor
8. Mitch Garbutt
9. Travis Waddell
10. Jarrod Wallace
11. Todd Lowrie
12. Matt Gillett
13. Jai Arrow
Interchange:
14. Jayden Nikorima
15. Francis Molo
16. Brett Greinke
17. Ajuma Adams
18. Lachlan Barr
19. Paul Byrnes
20. Matt Parcell
21. Joe Boyce

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Johnny92
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Skyblues87
  • Browny
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Wolfie
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Gaz
  • blacknwhite
  • Jazza
  • FACTHUNT
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Big Del
  • RolledOates
  • Fitzy
  • ivanhungryjak
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.