Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
NRL 2019 Pre-Season Trial #2
Wynnum Manly Seagulls vs. Brisbane Broncos
Kougari Oval, Saturday, 23rd of February 2019
Kick Off: 7pm

Brisbane Broncos:
1. Fanitesi Niu 2. Richard Kennar 3. Kotoni Staggs 4. Jack Bird 5. Herbie Farnworth 6. Sean O’Sullivan 7. Tom Dearden 8. Thomas Flegler 9. Jake Turpin 10. Shaun Fensom 11. Alex Glenn 12. David Fifita 13. Tevita Pangai Jr
Interchange: 14. Gehamat Shibasaki 15. Sam Tagataese 16. Patrick Mago 17. Patrick Carrigan 18. Cory Paix 19. Jamil Hopoate 20. Jaydn Su’A 21. Tanah Boyd 22. Xavier Coates 23. Ilikena Vudogo

Wynnum Manly Seagulls:1. Edene Gebbie 2. Ed Burns 3. Delouise Hoeter 4. Junior Pauga 5. Moses Pangai 6. Jayden Berrell 7. Sam Scarlett 8. Aaron Rockley 9. Mitch Cronin 10. Matt Groat 11. Matiu Love-Henry 12. Alex Barr 13. Kalolo Saitaua
Interchange: 14. Rahdly Brawa 15. Max Elliott 16. Keenan Palasia 17. Patrick Sipley 18. Jack Goodsell

Last edited:
I hope I'm not stepping on any toes making this it's own dedicated thread. If the mods wish to format the OP correctly, then by all means.

The Broncos have made nine changes to the side that took the field last Saturday, but the most interesting development is the players that have remained in the side. Two members of the Broncos NRL Squad, Troy Dargan and Andre Savelio have been dropped in favour of players such as Tom Dearden, Cory Paix, Tanah Boyd and Jamil Hopoate. All four were said to have strong performance at Warwick and we'll get the opportunity to make that assessment for ourselves.

The big storyline heading into the game centres around Jack Bird. There was no nice way of saying it, Jack Bird had a mare of a 2018 and he has to have a strong 2019 to have any chance of playing representative football in the near future. At his best, Jack Bird is one of the best football talents in the game and with all the major surgeries behind him he has no more excuses.

Regardless, it should be a nice appetizer for the season ahead and should give us diehard fans something to mull over in the coming weeks.

Haas is now out for disciplinary reasons. Taga will probably come into the starting side

Headed to this game. So keen to watch some footy again!

Just like the Souths game, we will have way too much for Wynnum.

Is he actually out? The ban was for NRL games I believe.

Does this men's he can play ISP?
White said he is still eligible to pay trials but wont be doing so.

White said he is still eligible to pay trials but wont be doing so.

when did he say that ... i've both read and watched the statement and can't recall the trials ever being mentioned

when did he say that ... i've both read and watched the statement and can't recall the trials ever being mentioned
It was during questions after the presser.

With some of the weather being reported for this weekend I wonder if the game will go ahead.

Particularly as Wynnum is so close to the water.

Umm do you expect the high tide to come 2km inland and uphill to the Wynnum Club?
No? They're reporting torrential rain and cyclonic winds.

Do you expect high tide to come up 2km inland and uphill to the club?

Flegler has been promoted to the starting side.

Mago comes onto the bench.

Fucking hell why don’t we just shut Haas out of our top 30 till mid year.

he is not available for selection until round 5 ... and the trials are not only used for match fitness, but to test out fringe players and build combinations ...

since Haas breached our code of conduct, we now need to find a replacement for him for round 1 ... there is no better place to do that than the trials

Active Now

• Big Del
  • FACTHUNT
  • Johnny92
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • davidp
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Santa
  • Aldo
  • Brotherdu
  • Broncosgirl
  • ChewThePhatt
  • RolledOates
  • Ondi
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.