Tyson Gamble is the Next Justin Hodges

I feel a few people on here might be getting a bit ahead of themselves when it comes to Gamble lol yes he had a great game, but it was only one game. Lets see how he goes against a real top 8 team before we start splurging everywhere.
To be fair Titans would of been if we didn't beat them. One game isn't everything but the way we attacked it wasn't just scoring tries they where objectively good footy.

I'm not sure yet that we should spend anything on a half until Gamble has had at least 4-5 weeks in the position. If he continues to own the position, lead and direct, and kick well as he did last night, I don't know why we should decide he's only worth this season and then goes.

Reynolds also has the benefit of a class spine and a settled team. For me it makes Gamble's performance last night even more memorable. For starters, he enabled our spine to click better than it has for years. Not something to ignore.

His performance last night also showed me that Dearden and Croft are not organising half backs.
I agree. Reynolds could at the moment be out with a hand injury for up to 6 weeks if he gets surgery. At his age injury will obviously be an even bigger issue than for younger players. I think give Gamble 4-5 weeks before committing millions on Reynolds. I suppose only time will tell as Reynolds could be just what we need to turn the team around or he could be another Jack Bird.

Your overall vibe of lets wait and see is fair enough.......and wise.

But......if he can put together games like we've just seen, he doesn't have to do much more than that, other than fine tune what he is doing now. TBH...he's exactly what we need. Tough, simple...no frills footy. If he can control the side...Milford and the backline will provide the frills.
I think Gamble's attitude and passion, fired Milford up into action as well.

Early days indeed...I think they'll make a good combination.
The good thing about the positives shown by Tyson is that they were things that can be easily replicated. We’re not all frothing because he was kicking 40/20’s and throwing 40m cut out passes.
He just communicated well, was enthusiastic and defended decently.

if that post by piakura is anything to go by the communication and enthusiasm come naturally to Gamble so shouldn’t be too hard to maintain that as a standard.

The good thing about the positives shown by Tyson is that they were things that can be easily replicated. We’re not all frothing because he was kicking 40/20’s and throwing 40m cut out passes.

if that post by piakura is anything to go by the communication and enthusiasm come naturally to Gamble so shouldn’t be too hard to maintain that as a standard.

Wouldn't mind a bit of the old froth though

Wouldn't mind a bit of the old froth though
Meh, once the Milf Gamble combination has a bit of time to develop we’ll get more froth coming from Milf than we’ve seen in years.

This is the thing, what he did on Friday, he has been doing week in, week out in Q Cup, he can definitely replicate at all at NRL level.

I mostly enjoyed Gambles kicks going more than 30m tbh with enough airtime

Out of all the new halves we have tried since Kodi left, Gamble definitely is the best Kicker. If he has another good game this week there will be alot of pressure to resign him as he is out of contract after this year, and if we don't sign another 7 he would be a mega bargain spine addition, we would have the money to get a really good 1,6 or 9 then if needed.

If Gamble stays fit and continues to do what he did against the Titans, Milford should give him half his salary as he will undoubtedly improve Milford's performances, seen glimpses of it the other night, when was the last time we had a halfback setting up kicks for Milford? not since Ben Hunt I don't think

We never wanted Milford to be the go to man, despite the fact he's on a salary that says he should be our go to but at the same time we never put the right half around him to bring out the best in him, I think Gamble is that guy

They'll still be trying to sign Reynolds as he's a game breaking half, (40/20's, 40m field goals, all that good stuff)

Gamble is just the halfback we haven't had since we lost Hunt, in any established top 8 side he probably doesn't make the same impression but for a team like ours that has really struggled to get some game management, he is a big difference

Gamble / Reynolds would be an amazing halves combo.

That fact that he can kick and talk is one thing....he's also WAAAAAAAAAAAAY better in defense then any other of our halves based on his size alone.

Gamble / Reynolds would be an amazing halves combo.

That fact that he can kick and talk is one thing....he's also WAAAAAAAAAAAAY better in defense then any other of our halves based on his size alone.
To be fair size and strength isn't everything in defence, see staggs

Active Now

• Socnorb
  • Sproj
  • Waynesaurus
  • Aldo
  • Galah
  • Ondi
  • Gympie devil
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fatboy
  • Dazza 92
  • Financeguy
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Fitzy
  • Johnny92
  • Behold
  • achievedrap
  • RolledOates
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.