U20s - Broncos vs Panthers

Now Carrigan is penalised for a great hit...

This better not be a sign of things to come.

I'm willing to give the referees the benefit of the doubt for that last hit by Su'A, but the Carrigan hit was just salt in the wound.

Regardless, Panthers run out 33-12 winners. Brisbane led every stat heading into half-time but trailed on the scoreboard 16-6. That says to me they didn't convert their opportunities whereas Penrith weren't afraid to shift the ball and were rewarded. I didn't think either side played all that well, Penrith gave Brisbane plenty of opportunities but the Broncos weren't good enough to take them. It was a case of some players over-playing their hand and others going missing. It was uneven and the players can take plenty of lessons out of the clash.

Ultimately the Broncos did well to get as far as they did. They were missing six starters including the NYC Prop Forward of the Year Payne Haas and his presence in the middle was sorely missed by the Broncos. Now that the Broncos have played their final NYC game, I believe they will be one of the benefactors of the state exclusive competitions. They've had a difficult time funneling their talent into a 17 and trying to commit to a 17 that makes sense. A lot of players have suffered because they've been picked out of position, or given limited opportunities to prove themselves at this level of competition.

Out of interest how will the new state exclusive competition work? I haven't really looked into it.

Active Now

• Battler
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Santa
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.