U20s - Broncos vs Panthers

Weight of possession going the way of the Panthers and they're capitilising.

Brisbane paying for not making the most of their opportunities.

I don't mind the look of Hope. His initial service seems a little on the slow side, but his passing in broken play seems sharp.

Just as I was typing this he nearly threw an intercept lol

Edit: and he just threw a forward pass, jinxed him.
He's been our worst player by far!

What do you think of Staggs, Farnworth and Carrigan?

staggs is solid and probably a cup player.
farnworth is young so who knows.
i have always been a fan of carrigan but i am concerned about his lack of punch when he carts the ball. no doubting his work rate but just doesnt really bend the line

egan is special.. make note of him for years to come in nrl

He's been our worst player by far!

He wasn't when I typed that 15 minutes in :P

He did really well in the lead up to the Shibasaki try, but since then he's been crap.

The Broncos are paying the price for their conservative style. The Panthers have given them opportunity after opportunity. Dean Blore has saved his worst half of footy for this game and the Broncos had more than enough opportunities to put them away. However they don't seem to want to spread the ball outside of the middle third and by the time they do shift wide it's too late.

In contrast the Panthers are making the most of their second phase, they're moving the ball around and catching the Broncos out across the park. In general there's nothing in the contest, but the Panthers have made the most of their opportunities 3 tries to 1.

Meanwhile I'm doing my best Shane Flanagan impression in the lounge room. Just about every 50/50 has gone the Panthers way.

The last Panthers try should've never occurred. The most blatant forward pass in the history of ever was a precursor to it.

That said, I'm with BP... we're fucking ourselves more than the refs are fucking us, David Fauid has been a terrible liability on the left wing, Allan has been a shadow of himself of late, and with that hooker... we've got no Hope!

staggs is solid and probably a cup player.
farnworth is young so who knows.
i have always been a fan of carrigan but i am concerned about his lack of punch when he carts the ball. no doubting his work rate but just doesnt really bend the line

For Farnworth looks to have some pretty massive potential for a 17 year old. Staggs looks really good when he plays in the centres.

Other than that our 20s look pretty average!

Any guys coming through we can look forward to mate?

Pretty concerning that we haven't had a real hooker talent to challenge McCullough in ages.

That should be game.

Poor ball security from Staggs on the kick-off and another weight of possession try to Panthers. Good kick from the Panthers, better chase from Wormleaton.

That's the season, but the Broncos have nothing to be ashamed of.

**** me, never seen a team so lucky with the bounce of the ball, and even if the Broncos kids have themselves to blame for failing miserably in attack, there is no doubt that the refs totally raped them as well.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • sooticus
  • porouian
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Lurker
  • Morepudding
  • broncos4life
  • FACTHUNT
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.