Vindicated

M

mick

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
K, pissed of at the result, our performance and the ref.

But NZ have just won their first title, and bloody good on them!

International league is on the way up, and in a way I'm happier with this result than if the Aussies put 50 on them.

So let's hope all of the naysayers sod right off. I don't care if you say there's only two competitive teams in international RL, because before tonight many were saying there was only one! icon_thumbs_u

I just got to say this ''RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD CUP CHAMPIONS', Lockyer was gutted suck s***.
To the Aussies 5 More years.

New Zealand Rugby League WORLD CHAMPIONS

doordan23 said:
I just got to say this ''RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD CUP CHAMPIONS', Lockyer was gutted suck s***.
To the Aussies 5 More years.

New Zealand Rugby League WORLD CHAMPIONS

Awesome effort. A post from an Aussie congratulating the Kiwis and you respond with suck ****.

F**k I hate Kiwis.

Well done to the team, still.

Pretty pissweak. For the record I agree with everything you said in your initial post Mick. I wanted to see a tight, tough game that Australia won in the end, not a 50-0 slaughter. I'm happy enough with the result.

Good work, good to see a good result!

And Mick, if Aussie had won and a Kiwi came in, it would have been the same story from a lot of people on here.

Was a good game, which was very unexpected.

I didn't uji. We should have absoluteley raped that Kiwi side, but we played shit, not helped by some ordinary refereeing. Good for rugby league yes, a very very sad day for sport in Australia.

If I look into the future I can see the Aussies smashing the kiwis in the next test we play though so really International League is still not alive.. The Aussies choked last night the pressure was too much for a few of them. Even Thurston wasn't at his best. Did anyone see Inglis last night???

In the last 3 big games between Australia and NZ, the Kiwis have won 2 and lost the other in golden point. International football is alive and well when you **** off with these one off tests.

Exactly the case Coxy.

Everyone wrote the Kiwis off, except a select few of us that knew, when they play together for awhile (with a full strength side), they can beat us.

The big picture that everyone is missing is; the is New Zealand’s first World Cup....in any sport (barring World Championships in Netball). If that isn't good for RL in the Shaky Isles then I'll eat my hat. All the World Cup knockers would have to have watched last night and smiled.

Selfish Australian patriotism aside, if you didn't like last night's result, you don't like Rugby League.

Hammo said:
Exactly the case Coxy.

Everyone wrote the Kiwis off, except a select few of us that knew, when they play together for awhile (with a full strength side), they can beat us.

The big picture that everyone is missing is; the is New Zealand’s first World Cup....in any sport (barring World Championships in Netball). If that isn't good for RL in the Shaky Isles then I'll eat my hat. All the World Cup knockers would have to have watched last night and smiled.

Selfish Australian patriotism aside, if you didn't like last night's result, you don't like Rugby League.

I think you'll find the All Blacks have one a world cup for NZ before.

And what is this crap by a few people saying International League is all good. Because NZ won? It was always possible that they did it.

When we can actually think there are a few teams that can win it, then it's a success, not now.

Well how is it any different to rugby union then? In reality there is 3-5 teams that can win it, out of what, 16? Not much difference relative to numbers.

Je$ter said:
Well how is it any different to rugby union then? In reality there is 3-5 teams that can win it, out of what, 16? Not much difference relative to numbers.

As of last night, the number of different winners for both World Cups stands at just 4-3 in favour of Onion.

Yeah last night was awesome. And probably the best atmosphere I've experienced at Lang Park in a long time. That haka face off - I'll never forget that moment.

I'm still not convinced the international game is out of the woods just yet. Yes Australia didn't win the the cup but apart from NZ's triumph there was nothing throughout the tournament to suggest any side is consistent enough to challenge the top teams. PNG, Samoa, Tonga and the other minnows all had 1-2 good performances but nothing more. England IMO is the biggest concern. They were embarrassing and have clearly gone backwards in the last 3-4 years. There needs to be a serious post-moretom over there ASAP.

It's impossible to say the day after the final if the tournament was a success. IMO we find out in a few years time if the other nations are continuing to attract young people to the game and playing consistently. The likes of PNG, Samoa, Tonga etc need to play more often. They have to play more test matches if they're going to prosper.

From talking to people who actually went to the minnow games like Tonga vs Samoa etc, oh yeah, it was a success. Atmosphere much like Lang Park last night apparently. You look at most of the games not involving Australia and the scorelines were, in general, reasonably close (with some blow outs, which is inevitable).

Every team looked better for playing together week in week out for a month. That's the thing the international board needed to see. They need a bigger, regular program of tests not just involving the big 3, but all the other nations. A Pacific Cup, a european cup with England, Scotland, Ireland, France, maybe even Wales. To fit that in we need to shrink the domestic competitions in Australia and England. That's the biggest battle.

I'm pretty sure it was Mick who suggested that at the end of every non-World-Cup year, there should be the Tri-Nations series between and Australia, New Zealand and Great Britain. And there should also be a 6-nations tournament between PNG, Tonga, Samoa, France, Fiji and Scotland. IMO that is a great idea.

How good would it be if it was like the good old days when France was a friggen hard side to beat!

As far as tournaments go, the RLIF have said that for the next 3 years there will be a 4N tournament (Aus, NZ, England rather than GB, France), plus a 5N Pacific Cup including Fiji, PNG, Samoa, Tonga and the Cook Islands.

When the 4N is held in the southern hemisphere, France will drop out and be replaced by the PC winner.

No major tournaments will be held in the domestic offseasons leading into the next World Cup year.

Have you got a source for the Pacific Cup JW?

That is what I suggested a few weeks back; Tonga, Samoa, PNG, Fiji and Cook Islands. Cook Islands is yet another feeder Pacific Island to the massive NZ RU recruitment machine. So much talent in all those small countries to be tapped.

Active Now

• Bish
  • Mighty Bronx
  • marw
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.