Votes: 20 39.2%
  • He's the WORST!

Votes: 29 56.9%

• Total voters
Broncapz

Broncapz

NRL Player
May 1, 2016
Just thought it might be worth sounding out about your approval/dissaproval of V'landys and his handling of the game.
-----------------------

I personally think he's set the game back 10 years by selling the game for under what it was worth during Covid. Incompetence at best.

Removing the 2nd ref has made for lower quality games.

Knee jerk implementation of 6 again made for some of the most unwatchable league in years.

Surely the thread title should be 'V'landis V'lerdict'?

No changes implemented during his reign of terror have improved the game. Everything was reactionary and poorly thought out, and then often doubled-down upon when called out.

Also I very much dislike looking at him.

went with "he's the worst" ... although don't think that accurately describes how bad he has been for rugby league in Australia

Surely the thread title should be 'V'landis V'lerdict'?

No changes implemented during his reign of terror have improved the game. Everything was reactionary and poorly thought out, and then often doubled-down upon when called out.

Also I very much dislike looking at him.

Agreed and done.

I don't think he is a lunatic or is acting on ego. I think he's doing exactly what he was hired to do. Capitalise on the ever-increasing growth of the gambling sector and gearing every decision towards making the game an attractive avenue for betting agencies. Games are so easily manipulated now because the video ref has almost complete power. He removed the set of eyes that had the most scrutiny on the cause of 90% of penalties, added 6-agains so the rulings don't even have time for the video to review it. It has resulted in some of the most bizarre results, ranging from record thumpings through to record comebacks, the exact kind of results that will have punters staring at 24+ wins, 24+ losses, and feeling like any of them are possible and the odds of such a wild result are worth the risk.

And that's before we look at the inconsistencies in how certain incidents are treated, on and off the field, that would appear like absolute incompetence until you realise that the most anomalous of the rulings are the ones that benefit or punish the same teams with a consistency that can't be accidental.

Clearly not, his whole claim to fame was getting the game started 2 weeks earlier then other sports, and even than not a single professional sports club has gone under in Australia since Covid, so to say he saved the game is wildly over exaggerated.

Since then he is sold the game short with a Foxtel TV deal that is below value and strangely it's the same company Newscorp that does all the PR for him, wonder why🤔.

I dunno if I’m forgetting something but I actually thought Todd Greenburg was doing a pretty good job

Vlandy’s is literally the NRL Vince McMahon

Wwe Raw GIF

He has been a disaster. There is no two ways about it. Everything he has touched since becoming Chairman has stunk like baby shit, especially the six again rule and the handling of sin bins. And his bald faced favoritism of particular clubs is the most obvious of any administration ever.

He makes Gallop look like a visionary.

Clearly not, his whole claim to fame was getting the game started 2 weeks earlier then other sports, and even than not a single professional sports club has gone under in Australia since Covid, so to say he saved the game is wildly over exaggerated.
Well that's historical revisionism of the most parochial. For quite a while there, sport was shut down everywhere in the world except for QLD.

Well that's historical revisionism of the most parochial. For quite a while there, sport was shut down everywhere in the world except for QLD.

all sports around the world restarted around the same time ... Vlandys didn't do a single thing different from other sports administrators.

actually, scratch that ... he renegotiated the Fox Sports deal from a position of weakness, selling out the sport in the process ... although looks like the PR, that bought him, worked on some people

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Dazza 92
  • Aldo
  • Xzei
  • Johnny92
  • Broncorob
  • Bish
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Battler
  • KateBroncos1812
  • broncos4life
  • Astro
  • lynx000
  • kiwi2
  • Jazza
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Sproj
  • Morkel
  • jarro65
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.