NEWS Wally Lewis: Broncos no longer the QLD dream

Wally Lewis says the Broncos are letting QLD down:

Watch the full interview here.

"Walsh and Walker both, they were players that should have been in a Brisbane Broncos jersey, there's no doubt about that whatsoever. It would be interesting to see who made the final decision on saying, 'No, well we can't go here'."

"Obviously money would have played a little bit of a part in it but boy ... you know players, when you grow up in the state of Queensland and when both of these guys were in the most exciting time of their life, when they were around 12, 13, 14 years of age, they would have wanted to be Brisbane Broncos. There's no doubt about that."

"To see them opt for a different pasture is confusing. Obviously managers would have played a fair bit of a role in that but the player has the last say. Even if he can sign for a little bit less to go to a club that has a magnetic attraction, that is a great opportunity for them. Sadly, that seems to have disappeared in the recent years at the Broncos."

"You know a player is a good player when you see him at that first moment, when you just happen to see that he's got something that some players haven't, that special bit of talent about them. They probably had a look at him and thought, 'Well, he's obviously got a bit of skill on board, there's no doubt about that'. They didn't make the judgement, though, that he is quite as good as what he has shown."

"It's got to have a magnetic attraction about it. I keep using that word ... they've got to start winning games. Players years ago, they just wanted to be at the Broncos. If you gave them a choice of what club, when they had the Lockyers, the Sam Thaidays, all of the great players playing in there, they wanted to be there. Even that started back in the 80s and 90s, when Alf was playing; they all wanted to be at Allan Langer's club, Kevvy Walters' club, to get on board. That's changed a little bit now over the years and it just isn't quite as good a club as what it once appeared."

"Donaghy wants players to once again feel quite comfortable should they come to the Brisbane Broncos. Brisbane, it used to be the hottest position for a player to get in, to attract an offer to come down here and play football for what was the most famous football team in the state of Queensland. There is no doubt about that at all. He wants to turn that around and make it once again a very proud moment in a player's life."

McHunt

Im not going to pretend I know enough about broncos politics to know if this is good or bad.

Politis bailed, now this guy is bailing. All that change is concerning.

Yet another article riding Brisbane into the ground. Has to be orchestrated at this point for sure.

front page of the website plastered in JAC telling X to sign.

ridiculous

Yet another article riding Brisbane into the ground. Has to be orchestrated at this point for sure.

front page of the website plastered in JAC telling X to sign.

ridiculous
Yeh I saw that and thought the same. I'm so hoping he stays now just to get one up on these poaching pricks who do nothing for the development of the game.
Of course if he stays that news will allgo away - Look over there - A squirrel!!!

Yeh I saw that and thought the same. I'm so hoping he stays now just to get one up on these poaching pricks who do nothing for the development of the game.
Of course if he stays that news will allgo away - Look over there - A squirrel!!!
Confident McPete already has his week of articles ready if X goes.

Why Wouldn’t you flog that horse although I do note his colleagues have moved onto the pyrefire that is the Raiders

Confident McPete already has his week of articles ready if X goes.

Why Wouldn’t you flog that horse although I do note his colleagues have moved onto the pyrefire that is the Raiders
Too right there's a mile of clickbait in that dumpster fire.

did you see a squirrel yourself today or something ... they seem to be on your mind 😛

Im not going to pretend I know enough about broncos politics to know if this is good or bad.

Politis bailed, now this guy is bailing. All that change is concerning.
Doubt it... sporting organisations don't usually make a whole lot of money, but they don't typically fall in a heap either... especially when their governing body gives every team $13m every year!!

Bailing out could mean they've lost money elsewhere and they want to re-invest the money into something else.

After Covid there is a shit ton of stock that is running at their lowest values in a long time... a savvy investor could sell the broncos cash (which doesn't really move up or down) and put it into a stock that is running low, but likely to jump back up when things start going back to normal.

Nah **** it... if he leaves and signs for $400k just to be the guy that stands at the end of a storm backline movement, then that's a waste of the storm's cap.

They've got Reimis Smith (who scored tries for the dogs!!), George Jennings (a gun from the Jennings family), Lumelume (Vunavalu 2.0) and god knows who else just sitting in their depth outside backs... I say god knows, because no one else gives a shit about the storm to care who they have on their books.

He could end up being another one of those grass isn't actually greener players.

Will Bellamy give a shit about Coates... if the **** can't defend he won't be playing first grade

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Jedhead
  • GCBRONCO
  • broncsgoat
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Fitzy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • bb_gun
  • Harry Sack
  • IceWorks
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Strop
  • I bleed Maroon
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.