10. TPJ
11. Glenn
12. Riki
13. Asiata
14. Walsh
15. Carrigan
16. Teo
17. Flegler / Kennedy /Lodge

I'm curious as to how the logic that says Paix needs minutes in Queeensland Cup isn't also the same logic that's applicable to Walsh?
Croft and Paix have played some first grade and have shown they need further development m. Paix playing would minutes every week in the 9 jersey would benefit him if he is a 9. Walsh may be worth having a crack in the 14 and let him get a taste at fullback and 9 like pappy for Melbourne. He wouldn't need to be named every week and could go back to QCup too where requured. I think Walsh looks like being a step above the others and may belong in first grade already.

So let me get this straight: We have a Dummy Half who can't play 80 minutes, we have at least one Edge Backrower who probably can't play 80 minutes. We also somehow need to do a better job of not burning out the likes of Haas and Carrigan with so many minutes, but we're going to go ahead and select a Fullback on our Interchange Bench.

Words fail me...

Croft and Paix have played some first grade and have shown they need further development m. Paix playing would minutes every week in the 9 jersey would benefit him if he is a 9. Walsh may be worth having a crack in the 14 and let him get a taste at fullback and 9 like pappy for Melbourne. He wouldn't need to be named every week and could go back to QCup too where requured. I think Walsh looks like being a step above the others and may belong in first grade already.
And we'd be basing this assessment of Walsh on what exactly? Half of one trial game?

And we'd be basing this assessment of Walsh on what exactly? Half of one trial game?
Based on his talent. At the senior level yes half a trial game. He is only play 14 so will get like 15 or 20 minutes. It's a risk but I'd do it.

Paix and Croft would be better playing bigger minutes in QCUP. Walsh for the 14 in my view. K Hunt would be a useful signing at fullback but depends on how he is going in his personal life
Croft has plied his trade for a few years in first grade now. Why would Walsh be a better selection off the bench than him? Curious logic. If we want someone with experience, then Isaac Luke would be the other obvious choice.

Do we have any idea on who will be taking up the remaining spots on the roster? Do not say Smith it isn’t and never was happening.

Croft has plied his trade for a few years in first grade now. Why would Walsh be a better selection off the bench than him? Curious logic. If we want someone with experience, then Isaac Luke would be the other obvious choice.
Exactly. We're better to use an experienced player in this role rather than potentially stunting the development of guys like Paix and Walsh who really need to be racking up some proper minutes in Queensland Cup footy at this point in their careers.

If we were any chance of challenging for a premiership I'd be all for bringing in Walsh early but this will be nothing but a hope we don't embarrass ourselves year so it's far better to let Walsh keep developing in qcup and maybe when we're mathematically out of the finals give him a few games at a fullback.

I'm expecting multiple big name signings for next year. 2022 we can start being competitive again

Last edited:
If we were any chance of challenging for a premiership I'd be all for bringing in Walsh early but this will be nothing but a hope we don't embarrass ourselves year so it's far better to let Walsh keep developing in qcup and maybe when we're mathematically out of the finals give him a few games at a fullback.

I'm expecting multiple big name signings for next year. 2022 we can start being competitive again
We need to look like we could win this year, if only we had a couple of the right players, to attract those couple of right players next year.

Completely agree regarding Walsh. No point risking another player with potential by mentally scarring him with some bad defeats and a rough transition into first grade on the off chance we might finish 12th rather than 14th.

Let the guy play some lower grades and then give him an opportunity in the last half dozen rounds if he has excelled all season in Q Cup.

Completely agree regarding Walsh. No point risking another player with potential by mentally scarring him with some bad defeats and a rough transition into first grade on the off chance we might finish 12th rather than 14th.

Let the guy play some lower grades and then give him an opportunity in the last half dozen rounds if he has excelled all season in Q Cup.
Exactly right. Runs on the board at a serious rate in the Queensland Cup should be a minimum requirement for an NRL start, horror injury tolls aside.

If our squad is so badly managed that he needs to skip that step of his career development, then it's fair to say our recruitment is pretty fucked, and then I think the fault lies with the Broncos and Walsh shouldn't be punished for that by being rushed way ahead of time.

Last edited:
Talk about mentally scarring, and this is the halves thread - Dearden has probably lost all but 2 of his total first grade games.
He looked confident at the start of the trial but after that awful bomb for the Drinkwater try, he looked all at sea esp in defence.

With Milford already being targeted by the media, and if the side fails to register a single win in the opening month...surely the blowtorch will spread to the halfback as well.

Why guarantee him a starting spot when he has done diddly squat with the other experienced halves on roster.
I hate to think that his holding the coach/club to ransom by demanding the run on position irregardless of performance.

Foordy must be busy, no ‘dislike’ reaction yet.

I think Walsh brings something that Croft does not talent wise . Walsh certainly does not bring experience. Easing in the 14 would be the way I'd go. Croft is the back up half to me. To give Dearden a break where required or to come in if there is an injury to either half. I admit its not the straight bat approach.

Last edited:

Active Now

• LGH
  • heartly87
  • Fozz
  • Spooky1013
  • cento
  • Alec
  • sooticus
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BroncosAlways
  • Santa
  • Johnny92
  • Bish
  • Jazza
  • Bucking Beads
  • broncos4life
  • Fatboy
  • Aldo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.